Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2011, 08:12 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
bush (and republican policies) brought this economy down, the economy was in the toilet long before obama even began the campaign trail, the economy continued it's slide during the entire campaign only reversed course after obama's policies began, that is just reality.

we let the republicans dig this economy into a hole, and yes it is taking us a while to dig out since the republicans have fought back on any attempt while they just keep trying to dig deeper to then blame it on obama, If you want to blame it on obama then why? while he has said some anti-republican things, practically EVERYTHING that has passed has been republican in nature, a republican conceived health care plan, republican tax cuts with no increase in spending, he's gone back on pollution and car mpg regulations.... he is practically a republican.
You have got to be kidding with that song and dance, it started long before Bush and democrats are just as bad. Bush took the economy down setting up home land security and engaging two wars, albeit one being a side step, he also had to rebuild our espionage system around the world too, war is COSTLY. And pay countries to be our "friends". Bush was a goof, I'll give you that, but Obamacare personally has screwed me out of dental and vision because of cost increases not to mention his spend spend spend policies on the fragile economy. So as I said, a stimulas gives a SHORT TERM effect and will fool many Obama lovers into round two thinking they work, and believe me, I hope ta heck you're right but you can't fix the economy like that, if you can't pay your bills you don't get another credit card to fix it. Bush started those stupid stimulas deals and Obama followed like a scared puppy with the SOS, and BOTH have prolonged our sorry situation. Obama's not a good president, the majority of the people now know that and he'll prolly end up a one term dud like papa Bush was. Vote for him again, and we'll just keep pumping money and money and more money into the popped balloon economy until the Chinese take us over. I'm done here with this.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:38 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I did but could find no money trail showing that the stimulus was causative.
because you have already decided there isn't going to be one, if you want 100% proof then you are not going to get it either way, economics of an entire country can't be done like that, however when the economy rebounded is timed very well with the stimulus, and even the CBO agrees that it helped a good bit.

but if you want to believe that doubling down on the same republican policies that got us into this mess will get us out, well then I don't think I can use logic to convince you otherwise.....

Old 09-17-2011, 09:43 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
You have got to be kidding with that song and dance, it started long before Bush and democrats are just as bad. Bush took the economy down setting up home land security and engaging two wars, albeit one being a side step, he also had to rebuild our espionage system around the world too, war is COSTLY. And pay countries to be our "friends". Bush was a goof, I'll give you that, but Obamacare personally has screwed me out of dental and vision because of cost increases not to mention his spend spend spend policies on the fragile economy. So as I said, a stimulas gives a SHORT TERM effect and will fool many Obama lovers into round two thinking they work, and believe me, I hope ta heck you're right but you can't fix the economy like that, if you can't pay your bills you don't get another credit card to fix it. Bush started those stupid stimulas deals and Obama followed like a scared puppy with the SOS, and BOTH have prolonged our sorry situation. Obama's not a good president, the majority of the people now know that and he'll prolly end up a one term dud like papa Bush was. Vote for him again, and we'll just keep pumping money and money and more money into the popped balloon economy until the Chinese take us over. I'm done here with this.
health care costs have been soaring far before obama took presidency, just because your company (or whatever the details were) decided to pass on more costs to you (or however they adjusted) doesn't mean it's obama's fault, have the "real costs" that are paid overall (employer pay and employee pay combined) increased more then they were before, no, not significantly, in fact there is very little in obamacare that has begun that would add ANY costs so far so all of what you are seeing are either insurance companies raising rates to scare people about obamacare or employers cutting back due to the economy, so blaiming it on the plan alone is kind of foolish, the big risk will be once all the peasants do have access to healthcare and will then see more demand from the healthcare sector that may not handle it since we aren't used to the peasants getting such access.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 AM  

Even in the Democrat state of California, Obama's approval rating has fallen to its lowest point ever. In LA County, unemployment has risen beyond 13%. People are beginning to really panic. I don't really care who is trying to run this country, but whoever is up at the top must become extremely aggressive to control this downward spiral, and not the "Smoke and Mirrors" we have seen way too much of in my opinion!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:59 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Even in the Democrat state of California, Obama's approval rating has fallen to its lowest point ever. In LA County, unemployment has risen beyond 13%. People are beginning to really panic. I don't really care who is trying to run this country, but whoever is up at the top must become extremely aggressive to control this downward spiral, and not the "Smoke and Mirrors" we have seen way too much of in my opinion!
and what can he do?, the republicans/tea party won't let him do anything, he has given in on everything (besides healthcare reform) to these people and look where it has gotten us.

As a democrat Obama does suck because he is actually a republican, we NEEDED democrat to balance the direction this country is going
Old 09-17-2011, 11:51 AM  

Quote:
because you have already decided there isn't going to be one, if you want 100% proof then you are not going to get it either way, economics of an entire country can't be done like that, however when the economy rebounded is timed very well with the stimulus, and even the CBO agrees that it helped a good bit.

but if you want to believe that doubling down on the same republican policies that got us into this mess will get us out, well then I don't think I can use logic to convince you otherwise.....
I don't mind real logic as opposed to fuzzy logic. Little of the stimulus was used in the private sector so it would be nice to see what results it achieved, if any.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:11 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Well Solyndra is just one of many companies into this "Green Energy" research and manufacturing that is destined to fail. These technologies are just too soon to be economically viable. Much more time in the lab and prototyping is going to be required. The time will come when some of this "Green Energy" technology will work out economically, but I don't believe that it will be much sooner then 30 or so years from now.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:17 PM  

Nashville, TN
[QUOTE=RedJeepXJ;125686]bush (and republican policies) brought this economy down, the economy was in the toilet long before obama even began the campaign trail, the economy continued it's slide during the entire campaign only reversed course after obama's policies began, that is just reality.
QUOTE]

If you care remember it was a democratic congress that passed tarp 1...and this is now Obamas economy, Bush is long gone, quit blaming him.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
As a democrat Obama does suck because he is actually a republican, we NEEDED democrat to balance the direction this country is going
If Obama is a republican...I will gladly kiss your ass on any street corner in the USA..give me a break. I don't think there is any air left of him.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha Obama's a Republican? I haven't heard that one yet.

How about the historic mid-terms where you guys got owned? Were all those ones really just true Republicans at heart, too?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.