Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM  

But water and heat brings bikinis and a new type of hunting season.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:26 PM  

Nice Pictures of the bay

I was just looking for current pictures of the camping spots in the bay near Admiral's Cove and stumbled upon this site. I almost fell over when I saw the pictures as you have a picture of my family campers and our boat in the cove. What are the odds, it truly is a small world. We are so looking forward to getting back out there. Hope this spot still has enough beach left. Here are some pictures we took of the same weekend and spot. I'd post more pictures, but my family is in all of them and they would probably not like me putting there faces on the internet.
Lake McConaughy-img_0035.jpg 

Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 PM  

Lincoln, Nebraska
Haha. Small world. From the sounds of it, there will be NO beach by the end of May and with the amount of water still up in Wyoming, it's most likely going to be a repeat of last year where flood stage inflow will be coming into the lake for months at a time. My prediction is widespread flooding of the Platte all across the state since whatever flows into Lake Mac is going to have to flow out of Lake Mac once it hits the 3265 full pool. Thats just my opinion though, but I see no other way it won't happen after witnessing the amount of water that came down from Wyoming last year, and that doesn't even include what comes down the South Platte or any thunderstorms that dump on the river basin. I HATE not having any beach but can sacrifice the beach cruising for a few years if that means the lake will benefit from it.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 PM  
Special Agent

Fennville, MI
Any recent pictures of Cedarview boat ramp area or up around Lewellen "old" bridge?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 PM  

Lodgepole, Nebraska
Vern
I haven't been down there, but I did see a picture of the dam on facebook, and the lake is as full as I've seen it for a long time
One of these first nice days, we'll take the convertible for a spin down around the lake and try to get a picture of it.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:40 AM  

Lincoln, Nebraska
If anyone wants to follow the thread about the lake on nebraska4x4.org, here you go-

Lake McConaughy

I'm most likely only going to the lake 1-2 times this summer, so it would be great to see some recent pictures. I will be sure to do the same if I see some.

Cornhusker, seeing you are from Lodgepole, do you know the Stolls by chance? I met them year ago at the lake and look for them every time I head there but don't think they go as much anymore.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 AM  
Special Agent

Fennville, MI
My post #10 shows Cedar View REAL low, like non-existent. To recap, here is a picture from post 10...

Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 AM  

Lodgepole, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerJeep View Post
If anyone wants to follow the thread about the lake on nebraska4x4.org, here you go-

Lake McConaughy

I'm most likely only going to the lake 1-2 times this summer, so it would be great to see some recent pictures. I will be sure to do the same if I see some.

Cornhusker, seeing you are from Lodgepole, do you know the Stolls by chance? I met them year ago at the lake and look for them every time I head there but don't think they go as much anymore.
I used to know a Larry Stoll or Stahl, not sure how you spell his name.
He was with the Dusty Canyon Band, but I haven't seen him in years.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Bookmark this Page!