Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Hampshire
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2010, 05:24 PM  

Good places to go camping in NH

Every year since I was about 5 years old I have gone camping at Zealand Campground in Twin Mountain. There are great fishing and swimming spots in the area and the sites are comfortable with a selection between field sites and woods sites. The only thing to watch out for is the campground lady, who can be a bother if you are on her bad side. Just don't make too much noise and keep the site clean and you will have a great trip.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:33 PM  

I love the location of Zealand but I also had a run-in with the camp manager over my wife screaming about a spider late at night ha. The manager was very unprofessional and seems to have a bit of an anger problem. Hopefully she doesn't work there anymore because it's a great campground.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:42 PM  

Lebanon, NH, NH
There is a great state park south of Goshen, NH on Rt 31. IOt has 2 or 3 ponds, real low key!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 AM  

Londonderry, NH
I still remember camping in the White Mountains 40+ years ago with my parents. those are memories that stay with you forever.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:22 PM  

Massachusetts
I'm looking for a good place to camp where there's a lot of moose. My girlfriend hasn't seen one before.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
Pittsburgh, NH The Glen is a great place to stay food in included on 1st Connecticut lake
Moose alley is what they call the road there. I have seen 25 in 1 night at dusk in spring time on Fathers day
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM  

Laconia, new hampshire
I liked Dolly Copp campground in the White Mtn National Forrest. It is just north of the Mt. Washington Auto Road and a few miles south of Gorham. We went there a lot when I was a kid in the 60's. It was free then. They have since updated it and now charge to camp. Of course, in the 60's they just had outhouses and no trailer hook ups of any kind. Now they have flush toilets and showers and I think they have full hook up for trailers.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM  

mass
Glen Ellis campground in Glen NH. a stones throw from Story Land if you have kids. The campground is on 2 rivers Saco and Ellis rivers. They are already booking 2012 so call soon if you want to go.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 AM  

Sunapee state park is a tent only campground but is really quiet, spread out, and nice.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:56 AM  

Bradford, NH
We've seen our share of mediocre and poor campgrounds. We've checked into campgrounds that "looked OK" - only to be disappointed. With that said...

I'd HIGHLY recommend Oxbow Campground in Deering, NH if you're in that "neck of the woods". They are family owned and operated and as such - they run a very nice gated family-oriented campground. They have a fishing pond, a boating pond, a swimming pond, pavilion, and even some farm animals. They have a mixture of seasonal and weekend sites - all of which are very nice roomy sites.
Oxbow Campground Home Page

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Hampshire
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads