Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Hampshire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 10:19 AM  

Cranston
Need a New Hampshire vacation.

What's family friendly and fun in New Hampshire?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:27 AM  

Manchester
Cave attraction--

I visited the lost river gorge a while back and it was amazing. It's located in North Woodstock, New Hampshire, and is well worth the trip... There were children on the tour with us, so I think this would be a good fit for what you're looking for.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:35 PM  

san diego, CA
I live in San Diego now but grew up in New Hampshire. Never took the time to go on the Mt Washington goc railway until last month.

It's a little expensive but worth it, I think.

Otherwise there are tons of attractions all over New England depending on the area you're going.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:48 PM  

Quechee, vermont
There are many attractions in the east of NH. Let me know what ages etc that you would be vacationing with and I can suggest more appropriate places to visit.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:21 AM  

san diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark05059 View Post
There are many attractions in the east of NH. Let me know what ages etc that you would be vacationing with and I can suggest more appropriate places to visit.
I was in Queechee in July.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:42 PM  

Quechee, vermont
ya shoulda stopped in.. you were 300 yards maybe from my house in the first picture. You were facing away from the snack bar etc. You should come back in mid-october for the "perdy leaves"
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 AM  
Look at that

Belchertown, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
I visited the lost river gorge a while back and it was amazing. It's located in North Woodstock, New Hampshire, and is well worth the trip... There were children on the tour with us, so I think this would be a good fit for what you're looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I live in San Diego now but grew up in New Hampshire. Never took the time to go on the Mt Washington goc railway until last month.

It's a little expensive but worth it, I think.

Otherwise there are tons of attractions all over New England depending on the area you're going.
These are very good suggestions, I have done both and they are really great to do.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:49 AM  

Manchester, NH
If you're not far from Mancester, there's a new water park that the kids would have a blast playing at:
Liquid Planet Water Park in Candia, NH - Leading New Hampshire family attraction
Also right in that area is Welcome to Charmingfare FarmCharmingfaire Farm. They do a fun day at this time of year for Halloween.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 PM  

Burlington, Vermont
This time of year is nice for Nightmare New England Haunted House | Halloween in Litchfield New Hampshire

Lots of different haunted attractions to visit, along with a bunch of other activities for the
family. Great for the family, but open for a limited time!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM  

Lewiston, Maine
If you have a camper or want to rent a cabin, Ashland NH Campgrounds | New Hampshire Yogi Bear Jellystone | Adventure Bound Camping Resorts is an awesome campground. They have a great kids pool, adult pool, lot's of activities all week/day long, close to Laconia (20 mins or so) and close to Plymouth/Franconia Notch. We spend a week there every summer and the kids are never disappointed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Hampshire
Bookmark this Page!