Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2010, 07:44 PM  

New York, New Jersey
Hey Everyone, I live near Montclair, I'd be interested if someone were going to start a homebrew / tasting club. I know Corrodos is less than ideal but they are the only game in town that I know of. I've had good luck ordering from Northern Brewer with their flat rate shipping. Any of you try to grow hops? I made my first harvest this year, I was really happy with how they turned out.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:45 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
A good friend of mine should be pulling his first full mature harvest in the spring/summer.

I'm always up for a meet and drink. JamesM you are not far from me at all. I'm in desperate need of some fresh unbiased opinions. All others are welcome.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 AM  

FLEMINGTON, NEW JERSEY
I get all my stuff from Annapolis home brew good place

Annapolis Home Brew
Old 11-22-2010, 06:45 AM  

Randolph, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrichead View Post
BTW, would any of you guys be interested in getting together for a community tasting?
I live pretty close by (and work in East Hanover). Not sure if I could juggle it with family responsibilities, but always interested in meeting and learning from other homebrewers.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 AM  

Randolph, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrichead View Post
Started home brewing 3 years ago. Unfortunately my current temporary residence is not able to support my hobby. Living off of a few cases I have left for the time being. I get my ingredients at the Brewers Apprentice but the drive is a pain. Any other shops that you guys could recommend? And please don't say Corrados.
I have pretty much gone the whole Internet route for supplies. Usually order from MOREBEER.COM, where I combine orders with a fellow homebrewer for free shipping, but sometimes if I need a few things (e.g. yeast) in a hurry I will go to The BRUHAUS ebay store

They are in NY State, so shipping is quick.

Use to buy a lot from Jay's Brewing in Virginia, also for the quick shipping, but since the store changed hands, prices and shipping have gone up somewhat. Still a nice place to deal with.

For DME, DMEMART has good prices and free shipping.

A winemaking place opened up in Whippany, Vintner's Circle which has some supplies useful to all brewers, vintners and mazers.

For bulk hops, Hops Direct is a good source
Old 11-22-2010, 07:56 AM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Thanks for the suggestions Recluse.

I have ordered several times from Midwest and have been pleased with the quality. I just wish there was something super local so I could more easily brew with less date planning.

Girlfriend on Sunday - "So and so called and wants me to come see the baby. What will you do today?"
Me - "Oh well in that case I'll go pick up the stuff for that killer tripel I thought up last month"
Old 11-22-2010, 11:05 AM  

FLEMINGTON, NEW JERSEY
my keg is getting very light so time to order soon think a nice winter ale is in order
Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM  

Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Hey all. I'm in Cedar Grove, just over the hill from Montclair. I've been brewing since Feb. Done extract, PM and just did my first All-grain a couple of weeks ago. I'm always looking for people to geek-out with about beer and brewing.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 PM  

Medford, New Jersey
South jersey brewer

Hey guys-
I've been brewing for a while down here in Medford Lakes (South Jersey). I gradually worked up to all grain, and now have a pretty good set up. I've been brewing with a friend lately, and while its great to split the costs of brewing, I hate parting with half my beer!!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:54 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Looks like you will have to start brewing twice as often.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads