Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2011, 04:46 PM  

Milwaukee, WI
Cape May

Boot camp here i come! Hopefully OCS is soon to follow with the USCG though anyone else serve?

Old 01-16-2011, 05:44 AM  
NJ Licensed Realtor

Howell Twp, NJ
Good luck in Boot Camp and the CG.

I always say if I had my life to do over I would have joined the CG at 18 and stay in for 20 years.
A friend of mine in Florida did just that, at 38 he had his 20 years in and retirement benefits waiting.
He has had no problems finding a job after his training, if you can stick it out its a great deal!

Good Luck and Thanks for your Service.

John

Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 PM  
Hip

Was gonna join when I was 24...I bailed...I regret it quite often. Good luck!! Im in Cape May fishing a lot!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 AM  

Milwaukee, WI
Thanks alot. Hearing all of this encouragement is really helpful, because it is somewhat nerve wracking even though I'm excited. Im 23 now and am all done with college, received a bachelors degree in Biology and cant find a damn job to save my life! But I sat down and thought of something I would really love to do or at least try for a few years and the USCG came to mind. Ive heard nothing but positive attitudes about the organization and I hope it all proves well. Ill be applying for OCS at the same time that I enlist and whichever direction I end up going Ill be perfectly happy with, starting at the bottom sometimes isnt a bad thing.. Shipping out March 1st! Again thanks for the comments.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads