Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 10:29 AM  

fort myers, fl
i watched the show once, got sick.. that is nothing like the real JERSEY SHORE... lived there almost 45 years of my life.. well, that's not entirely true, lived more inland, not at the shore..

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Kinda... not to the same extent. They are mostly just the preppy people. They still have a future. Nobody knows how she made it out of HS, and it is kind of a disgrace to the school that she graduated.
I caught a couple minutes of the show "When I was 17" on MTV and they had her on it. Apparently she flirted her way into getting people to do her homework, so there's your answer to how she passed/ graduated.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 AM  

12550, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
I caught a couple minutes of the show "When I was 17" on MTV and they had her on it. Apparently she flirted her way into getting people to do her homework, so there's your answer to how she passed/ graduated.
Oh... no need to tell me that. She flirted with people, they would juts outright copy it for her, and the teachers there work off of a family thing. They didn't care because her family is rich and family with a lot of people in the town. Her parents own a tree farm IIRC, and they have a lot of family related in the school district. One kid my sister went to school with had his dad as a teacher. He would turn in a blank paper and get a 100 on it. He would go on to his dad's computer and get the test to get the answers and tell his friends what they needed to know. It is just how it worked there. It is no surprise that she graduated, but it is just a disgrace.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:15 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Oh... no need to tell me that. She flirted with people, they would juts outright copy it for her, and the teachers there work off of a family thing. They didn't care because her family is rich and family with a lot of people in the town. Her parents own a tree farm IIRC, and they have a lot of family related in the school district. One kid my sister went to school with had his dad as a teacher. He would turn in a blank paper and get a 100 on it. He would go on to his dad's computer and get the test to get the answers and tell his friends what they needed to know. It is just how it worked there. It is no surprise that she graduated, but it is just a disgrace.
That may just be one of the most corrupt things I have heard lately. Crazy what people get away with.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:29 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Kinda... not to the same extent. They are mostly just the preppy people. They still have a future. Nobody knows how she made it out of HS, and it is kind of a disgrace to the school that she graduated.
I have friends just like that, or I did. They all had babies really early, graduated no problems, but now instead of having a show, they just sit around and talk about the good old days.

Quote:
I don't know, it got her out of Jersey right?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:08 AM  

12550, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post

I don't know, it got her out of Jersey right?
Nope, didn't get her out of Jersey. She is not from NJ. She was born outside of this country, adopted, and raised in a little town called Marlboro, NY. She still lives there with mommy and daddy too.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:06 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
She still lives there with mommy and daddy too.
Well, that's promising.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 PM  

Haskell, nj
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBB888 View Post
The cast is more from the NY Side- but we have plenty of jersians like that too =)

Midway Cheese Steaks
amen to that brother.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:06 PM  
Mums

Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly34 View Post
Exactly, it's a joke in itself. Even more funny is the fact the participants think they posses any type of talent. We'll see how long it lasts.
I think the punchline to the joke is that the show is a major hit. Not taking it seriously is no excuse for people to watch it nor does it make them any better than the people who do take it seriously.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post
I think the punchline to the joke is that the show is a major hit. Not taking it seriously is no excuse for people to watch it nor does it make them any better than the people who do take it seriously.
Either way, they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!