Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 03:29 PM  

Denville, NJ
NJ Sushi spots

I'm a Sushi fanatic. There's just something ultra tasty and exotic about eating sushi that makes the whole experience enjoyable. So I thought it might be interesting to share fav sushi spots...here's mine.

Metro Grille...Rt 206, on the Chester/Flanders border. As many times as I've eaten there, I've never been disappointed. But it also has three things that set it apart for me.
  1. It has a Liquor License
  2. It's a white table cloth kind of place with a nice decor, even romantic
  3. It's got a great chef too so my wife will go there (she'd never touch sushi).

In the interest of full disclosure, I am prejudiced because I was a part owner in a past life...but I still go there every chance I get.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM  

Hackettstown, NJ, NJ
I've been to the Metro grille. Food and sushi was awesome.

Minado is an amazing sushi buffet. You can eat yourself stupid on good, fresh sushi for $20.

Yama Sushi in Denville is also excellent.

-Joe

Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 AM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Kyoto in Florham Park is the top of my list for sushi.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:43 AM  

Old Bridge, NJ
In the past I've gone over to Mahzu in Aberdeen, in the Strathmore shopping plaza. There's a liquor store right next to it with a good wine and craft beer selection and Mahzu is BYO.

Sushi House on rt 516 in Old Bridge just opened up and so far they've been pretty good as well. They're more of a take out place with a few places to sit, but they deliver, which is nice.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:51 AM  

Ridgefield Park, NJ
Yuki Hana right off of Rt 46 (in Little Ferry) is great. Always fresh food and friendly service. They offer a reward program that earns you 10% back on every one of your purchases that you can use on your next bill or save up and eat for free and you almost always get a free app or desert when you go. Best part...its BYO so you can bring your favorite saki (or beer in my case).
Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM  

Medford, New Jersey
I like Megu in Cherry Hill. They have 20% off most sushi on Sundays and Mondays. Oh Yoko! in Cherry Hill is also really great and fresh and they play Beatles music all the time, which is nice.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 AM  

Randolph, New Jersey
By far the BEST sushi (and incredible Lunch pricing) I have ever had in NJ is at ZEN in Livingston.

http://www.zensushi.net/

I used to like Kyoto in Florham PK. and Nikko on Rt 10 (Whippany?) but ZEN leaves them both in the dust.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:53 PM  

New York, New Jersey
My Favorite is Sushi Hana in Montclair. They have a huge menu of specialty rolls, good prices, and they are BYO. In the summer time they have a garden in the back with really nice outdoor seating.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:33 PM  

Cedar Grove, New Jersey
I'm a huge fan of Toro Sushi Bar in Upper Montclair. The tuna and crab dumpling is otherworldly! BYO too!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:48 AM  

Island Heights, NJ
anybody seen anything in ocean county?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.