Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 PM  

Clinton, New Jersey
Voorhees state park isnt too bad. Its actually in Glen gardner, not voorhees. And Ill agree that Round Valley has some nice camping too.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:46 PM  
Awesome Member

Williamstown, New Jersey
As a life long south jersey girl I would say that Wharton is nice. Tent sites are $20 a night for 2-3 cars and I believe it's up to 5 people per site. I've never stayed at the cabins the offer although they are really nice. Pets are allowed and for the tent sites there are fully functioning bath houses. Also off of route 9 in Dennis township (also south jersey) there is a campground called lake and shore campground. They offer both cabins (which are trailers with full amenities) as well as tent sites. Pets are also welcome. Lake and shore offers alot for the kids. Arts and crafts, a kids play zone, an indoor water park as well as regular playgrounds throughout the camp.

I hope these were helpful.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:55 AM  

haskell nj, new jersey
theres a great place in Sidney NY i cant remember the name of it now, but its real nice
Old 10-16-2010, 09:53 AM  

Charleston, South Carolina
I lived in southern jersey before i joined the military and we would always take all the trucks and go into wharton state forest in the pinelands where they allow camping at some designated spots. Was never too crowded and allowed for plenty of space / privacy.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM  

sayreville, new jersey
i camp at state parks in south jersey...primative camping is 2 bucks ....mainly in wharton actually....been to a couple different camp sites...their not bad...one was on a pond pretty peaceful actually...il actually be their this weekend coming up...
Old 12-05-2010, 01:45 AM  

Wenonah, New Jersey
if the drive isn't too far you can head to the Delaware water gap.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
I just got back from a weekend trip to Worthington State Forest, on the Delaware Water Gap. It was nice for a park & camp. The group sites have a great view of the river.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:51 PM  

Little Falls, NJ
I can +1 on Round Valley - I generally take my Kayak there to camp. Its about a .5 mile row to the nearest sites but I like the ones at the farthest points (about two miles) - less people generally. Too bad they aren't open during the winter months =(
Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 PM  

I like Stokes Forest alot. I used to go a long time ago.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:24 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Can't wait for this spring! I want to go camping with the Jeep up in Bass River with a couple friends...Having a vehicle and a license is great

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!