Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 05:25 AM  

FLEMINGTON, NEW JERSEY
Shed

Just moved to NJ from MD and man they make you jump through hoops, found out I need a permit to build a shed so I called and this was the list of runaround

First I need to get a copy of my survey (lucky I asked for copies when we bought the house)
Second I need to take the survey with the location of the shed to the health department so they can make sure it?s not on or close to the septic
Third I have to take it to the zoning board and they have to make sure it?s within the right-of-way and with the correct set back
Then if it?s over 100sf I have to have a set of plans of the shed and take them to the building department and buy a set of the building codes

All for a shed, a free standing no footers shed !!!! just seems a TAD bit over kill

Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 PM  

Medford, New Jersey
shed

Yep- I had that same experience. It was enough of a hassle to make me think about just cleaning up/ cleaning out the garage instead...

Old 11-22-2010, 03:59 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Yea a lot of the building codes are out of control here. In most towns you can circumvent that with one of the plastic sheds. I know they are not nearly as nice but there are some available that are decent size and quality that look like the "real" thing.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 AM  

FLEMINGTON, NEW JERSEY
the funny thing is if it's under 100sf (like a 10x10 or 8x12) no plans or codes needed just zoning and health so if i build 2 sheds real close togeather ...
Old 11-23-2010, 09:25 AM  

NJ
I think they also have rules about it being 30ft or something ridiculous from the property lines. So you can't put it in the actual corner or back of your yard.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:37 AM  

FLEMINGTON, NEW JERSEY
15' off right of way

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads