Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM  

Clinton, New Jersey
Things to do in Jersey

Just thought I would start a thread about things we can go and do for the night, day or weekend. I am always looking for things to do with my boyfriend, but sometimes find it hard. I figured I would start with one place that is close to me. It is the Haunted Mill in Clinton NJ, just perfect for Halloween! They are open Friday and Saturday nights.

The Red Mill in Clinton is a historic landmark and tourist attraction known across the country. Every Halloween, the mill is decked out with all sorts of Halloween decorations, and scary people. It is great to do with the kids (if they're not too young), or friends. If you wanted to spend the day, Clinton is full of quaint shops and eateries.

The site for the haunted mill can be found here: http://hauntedmill.org/

Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM  

haskell nj, new jersey
you should try terror behind the walls its an abandoned prison its supposed to be good im going saturday

Old 10-15-2010, 01:23 PM  

Randolph, NJ
About 8 years ago, my friend and I in our 20's took his younger cousins probably 14 or so on a wild ride using the Weird New Jersey book, we took them all over Northern Jersey hitting places like Devils Tree, Annies Road and other weird places. It turned out to be a fun night for all of us. The boys were totally freaked out by the end of the night. I have to say some of that stuff can leave you wondering.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:33 PM  

sayreville, new jersey
weird nj has a lot of haunted and weird places to visit...be careful with some because they are illegal to go to but some are just random roads but fun to drive down
Old 11-25-2010, 03:48 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY99XJ View Post
Just thought I would start a thread about things we can go and do for the night, day or weekend. I am always looking for things to do with my boyfriend, but sometimes find it hard. I figured I would start with one place that is close to me. It is the Haunted Mill in Clinton NJ, just perfect for Halloween! They are open Friday and Saturday nights.

The Red Mill in Clinton is a historic landmark and tourist attraction known across the country. Every Halloween, the mill is decked out with all sorts of Halloween decorations, and scary people. It is great to do with the kids (if they're not too young), or friends. If you wanted to spend the day, Clinton is full of quaint shops and eateries.

The site for the haunted mill can be found here: Clinton Haunted Mill
The haunted mill is a great place to go for Halloween.

Another cool place to visit is The Seeing Eye, Inc. facility in morristown. This is where they train all of their dogs, as well as train new owners how to use and live with their new companion. They offer a short tour of the facility and share the history of the Seeing Eye.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:44 AM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Northlandz in Flemington is a cool place to kill a few hours. The worlds largest model railroad. You can continue down 202 afterward and stop by Lambertville/New Hope and check out some of the unique stores.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:50 AM  

Island Heights, NJ
northlandz, i'll have to check that out. my wife's a big fan of that sort of thing.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:59 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
If you like hiking, Sunfish Pond up in Worthington state forest makes for a nice day trip.

If your visiting near Atlantic City and have some time to kill during the day, the Shoppes at Smithville is a neat little place to check out.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:01 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWS22 View Post
northlandz, i'll have to check that out. my wife's a big fan of that sort of thing.
It's pretty impressive, 8 miles of track.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:32 PM  

one word. GEOCACHING. its like hiking, treasure hunting and orenteering all in one. using a gps the user types in preset coordinates and uses clues to find caches of fun stuff. over 1 million caches worldwide!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!