Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 PM  

Pocatello, Idaho
What is Camden, NJ really like? I've heard some crazy stuff.

What is it like there? Someone told me it was like seeing a third world country there. She said if you stopped at a stop sign people would steal your tires. Can that really be true?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM  

Miami, FL
No, that is not true. It def is not a great city to live in and is pretty ghetto in most areas, but its not like a third world country. Believe me, I've been in third world countries worse off than Camden.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 AM  

NJ
Camden is like most cities. It all depends on where in the city you are. The areas Rutgers bought up have improved vastly. And the Waterfront is a great place to go.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:04 AM  

Absecon, NJ
Just don't go under the bridge to where the port authority builiding is. Cops don't even stop for stops signs in there.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:04 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Camden is so ghetto I opened up a can of Campbells Tomato Soup and a .45 slug came flying in my bowl. Just kidding

Camden is a scary place to be. There are only 2 things I can think of Camden offers. The Campbells Soup factory and the USS New Jersey
Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 PM  

Pocatello, Idaho
sounds like an interesting place actually. You would have to be one heavy serious soul to travel all over that city.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
I'd give you $20 if you walk around 10 miles in Camden with something like your iPod or a phone out and not have it stolen lol
Old 12-07-2010, 11:39 AM  

Medford, NJ
Had to work a job inspecting some work being done at 7th and Kaighn area....lets just say its not somewhere I would even choose to be....we had a cop there every minute the crew was there working. we had the gang hanging out in the vacant corner lot drinking and smoking under the tree everyday. The cracked out "working girl" lets say tried to hop into one of the workers trucks that was just sitting in the parking lot, right in front of the cop....he told her to beat it and she walked down the street a half a block before a couple "boys" picked her up and they all went happily to the alley. Not as bad as some people make it out to be, but anyone that has spent any time down there knows its somewhere that you dont want to be in any longer then you have to...and yea traffic signs and lights dont matter.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:13 PM  

River Vale, NJ
Is it true that its one of the worst areas in the US?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 AM  
Mopar Enthusiast

Boonton Township, New Jersey
It used to be rated the worst in the United States but it is now rated 5th. Some of the best on the list I believe they got wrong because of Dover, NJ being rated higher than my town. Here's the link: City Crime Rankings by Population Group

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads