Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2010, 06:33 PM  

Phillipsburg, NJ
I only have had one experience with Camden, and it was through my sister. When she was about 16 or 17, making me like 11 or 12, she went to a concert with a group of her friends, making the trip from Hunterdon County in 2 cars. Somehow she got seperated from her group and they left her there. Now this being the mid 90s, she couldn't just call for help. She somehow got a hold of my brother, who took a 4 am ride to the corner where she was and picked her up, not getting back until almost after 8 in the morning. She told me that she saw some really crazy **** that night, and that she would never go to Camden again. I swore right there that I wouldn't either, and so far, it hasn't been difficult keeping that promise. I can't see any reason to ever go there.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
When heading to Philly on the Express way, there are walls put up on both sides right when Camden starts....could be there so people don't throw stuff on the highway or it could be so people don't have to look at that eye soar

Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 AM  

Princeton, NJ
Camden was the city with the hightest murder rate for years... but this year I think its second only to Saint Louis. Its too bad too... they tried to revive it with the river line and the waterfront... but the risk you take in travelling on the river line and to the waterfront is too great.

Endless cycles of poverty, ignorance, anger, hate, and corruption pretty much describes Camden in my mind.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:50 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Level the whole city and rebuild. That's what should be done to so many places...
Old 12-25-2010, 08:33 AM  
Way of the XJ

Brick, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0dgeRam1500 View Post
It used to be rated the worst in the United States but it is now rated 5th. Some of the best on the list I believe they got wrong because of Dover, NJ being rated higher than my town. Here's the link: City Crime Rankings by Population Group
I dunno bout Campden, but I live in Brick, and some elderly woman walking her dog gave me a stern look cause I was wearing a Glen Beck shirt and I was scared briefly, and I almost cried.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:37 AM  
Way of the XJ

Brick, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty_gnome View Post
Camden was the city with the hightest murder rate for years... but this year I think its second only to Saint Louis. Its too bad too... they tried to revive it with the river line and the waterfront... but the risk you take in travelling on the river line and to the waterfront is too great.

Endless cycles of poverty, ignorance, anger, hate, and corruption pretty much describes Camden in my mind.

How can that be? Didn't Johnson's War on Poverty, part of the Great Society, save the poor?

Shocking.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:43 PM  

Whippany, NJ
...with the receint layoffs, the police will not stop for collisions that have no injuries, no police report. The cops will not respond to monor theft as well.....Jeepers beware!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:47 PM  

Whippany, NJ
One other thing, In Camden you cannot own a gun, and they take away your protection (Police force)......this city is the second most dangerous in the country; what a great city.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:16 PM  

I used to work in the old Federal Courthouse in Camden. When there was a fire alarm (unscheduled - a real alarm or false alarm, we didn't know), we stayed in the building, because it was, statistically, safer than leaving the building. That answer your question?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:00 AM  

Whippany, NJ
It is number 2 behind St. Louis. Gary Indiana is a close third.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads