Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2011, 03:13 PM  

Camden is where people from Paterson go to feel good about Paterson

Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty_gnome View Post
Camden was the city with the hightest murder rate for years... but this year I think its second only to Saint Louis. Its too bad too... they tried to revive it with the river line and the waterfront... but the risk you take in travelling on the river line and to the waterfront is too great.
I (kind of) disagree with that. We either take the Riverline from Palmyra down into Camden or drive in to attend concerts in the summer at Wiggins Park. For free concerts it's great - blues, jazz, etc. and the crowd is there for the music.

I definitely would be very wary in other places or times in the city, but the waterfront and Riverline is not bad. I've see it worse in other cities that just don't have the reputation.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:30 PM  

The only reason to go to Camden is go to the Tweeter Center
Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 PM  

Whippany, NJ
I wonder what it is like today with a fresh 13" blanket of grey snow?
Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 AM  

Camden

Its a little like Beirut in spots. They are laying off half their cops which will cause the floodgates to open for the rest of the Camden County towns. Should be an interesting little social experiment courtesy of Professor Christie!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!