Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 02:51 PM  

NYC, NY
I think it was 2 separate tornado's and a micro burst. Some areas in Queens were hit very hard. Juniper Park in the Maspeth area was hit hard, the Queens College area was hit very hard.

I am in the NYC Dept. of Sanitation and we were cleaning up for a week or so. Picking up falled trees and transporting them to designated areas to be chipped for mulch. I heard over 3000 trees fell. NYC will have way too much mulch next year.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Thanks for the update and additional info hellmaster.

I saw that NYC had more tornado warnings again last week when that tropical depression passed up the coast.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM  

brooklyn, New York
more free mulch, pulse there now more room for the million tree program.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 AM  

NYC, NY
yeah. thats true. maybe they can stop cutting hols in our sidewalks for trees and just fill in the spots where they fell down.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:00 AM  

New york, New york
It's crazy I feel like we are in tornado aly
Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Quote:
Feds declare disaster in NYC after Sept twisters

President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster in New York City following last month's deadly storm that spawned two devastating tornadoes, killing one woman and causing massive damage.

Gov. David Paterson announced Thursday that Obama issued the federal disaster declaration for Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. The declaration clears the way for an influx of federal funds to pay for up to 75 percent of the response, debris removal and repairs to public property.

Federal and state inspectors have estimated the damage and cleanup costs at $27 million.

The Sept. 16 storm barreled across the three boroughs, toppling thousands of trees. A macroburst with winds up to 125 mph added to the destruction.

One tree came down on the parked car where Iline Levakis was sitting, killing her

Feds declare disaster in NYC after Sept twisters - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com
Old 10-17-2010, 08:37 AM  

Babylon, Ny
2 twisters on li last year.... Crazzy
Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM  

New York and Maine
That storm squashed my wife's brand new VW convertible.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:47 PM  

Brooklyn, New York
i like that map thing
Old 12-29-2010, 11:39 AM  

NYC, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialEDGE View Post
I live on Long Island, and we barely had any storm at all when this hit. But my brother found this video of it, . If I was in that apartment and saw that, I don't know what I would have done. It's scary just watching the video, let alone seeing that live through a window. Obviously tornados can really happen anywhere, but you definitely don't think they're going to hit NYC. Some friends of mine were commuting back out to Long Island during this and they were telling me of the devestation that was occuring as far out as Queens. Scary stuff, indeed.
thats a crazy video!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.