Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 AM  

Poughkeepsie, ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I can assure you that China and other foreign investors are already purchasing more land than you would care to know about. It's happening all over the country!
right, I'm just waiting for the politicians to sell the Bridges and the ThruWay as one politician suggested a few yrs ago.. I really don't see what gives them the right just because there were elected to office

Old 10-27-2010, 10:32 AM  

Southampton, New York
At the local (Shinecock) rez, the only cigarettes are standard brands. In the summer, traffic is backed up as people from NYC stop to buy their cigarettes, much to the distress of the local, tax-paying merchants.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 AM  
CBK

Rochester, NY
$4.35 a pack state tax is just ridicules. I say leave the Indians and the smokers alone
Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 PM  

Batavia, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbb2005 View Post
They dont make their own booze AFAIK, but they do make their own Cigs, I don't understand why NY is trying to tax them, they live on Sovereign Ground!
Cuz this state is broke so they are going after whatever they can.... Apparently NYS doesn't get the hint when the Indians put up road blocks on the NYS Thruway with burning tires.. Really ticks the gov't off...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.