Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2010, 12:07 AM  

12550, New York
Binghamton

Anyone here from around Binghamton? I am here at Binghamton University, and am kind of stuck here with not much to do. What is there in this area?

This could also just be used to randomly talk about the area, or schedule a little get together. Talk about upcoming events.

Edit:

Also, if you happen to be within 25 miles of campus on Saturday's at 3am - 5am trying to get some sleep, you should check out 90.5 WHRW... my friend is the DJ and I am his apprentice. I don't really know what else goes on here.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Binghamton for the win!!!! I grew up there (well the area). I am there most Tuesdays and several weekends a month still. My sister is actually there for her masters now.

Since you're not 21 you can't really do the downtown which is going to limit you. Best I can say is get involved on campus. The mens rugby team is good. You probably wont like skating there is skate estate. There is a ton of hiking around. Once winter comes Greek Peak will open (skiing/snowboarding). All I can say is welcome to Central NY.

Do you have your Jeep? if you do then that will open a lot of things up.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:58 AM  

12550, New York
I don't have my Jeep this semester, and maybe not next semester. I am hoping next year though. Yep, I am not 21 and I don't have a fake id like most of the people on my floor. I know that limits what goes on. I hear that most places are just 21 rather than 18 to party 21 to drink like it is around me.

As for things around campus, there was a huge Humans vs. Zombies event on Saturday. An entire day of running around performing missions and try to survive the Zombie apocalypse. It was great. I was still sore from it yesterday. There is going to be a 10 day event sometime next month.

What are you here on Tuesday's for?
Old 09-28-2010, 03:36 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I don't have my Jeep this semester, and maybe not next semester. I am hoping next year though. Yep, I am not 21 and I don't have a fake id like most of the people on my floor. I know that limits what goes on. I hear that most places are just 21 rather than 18 to party 21 to drink like it is around me.

As for things around campus, there was a huge Humans vs. Zombies event on Saturday. An entire day of running around performing missions and try to survive the Zombie apocalypse. It was great. I was still sore from it yesterday. There is going to be a 10 day event sometime next month.

What are you here on Tuesday's for?
Don't waste time with a fake, if you get caught it is not worth it. There are plenty of buses for BU so you should be fine. Also if you get to know people plenty have vehicles.

K9 training, police dogs. Sometimes I get my hair done too!

Otherwise I visit people, I will be there for Halloween to take my nephew. Hell my area code for my phone is still 607
Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 PM  

12550, New York
Yeah, I have no interest in a fake.... I am good. I know you have ins with police so you would know the ramifications of getting caught.

As for getting around, my roomate has a car and I have known him for a year before coming here. The buses run regularly, and there are cabs (expensive though). It isn't that bad at all... I just love the Rubi and being able to hop in and go somewhere.

Holloween should be a pretty fun night.... my Zombie nation professor is doing a zombie food drive, and she is giving 5 points EC to anyone who helps (that is added right to the average).
Old 09-28-2010, 07:08 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
I have an idea of the ramifications of getting caught, I wouldn't personally know since I would never do such a thing. I am a good girl

yeah, since the main cab business is college students (it is not really a city) they are expensive, and well the miles you usually have to travel don't help. You live on a huge campus though, so you are lucky.

haha, that is tight, sometimes I wish I had chosen BU, then I go down there and remember why I didn't.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 PM  

12550, New York
Ok, this may sound weird, but I just remembered... did you happen to go to Walmart on Vestal Parkway on Sunday? There was a girl wearing a shirt that said something about helicase... I find it weird that the very next day you respond to my thread.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
lol, no I try to avoid town square mall as much as possible (altough I do like barnes and noble and it is the best richard's).

I also thought, the Senators games should be starting soon. And there may be a few B-mets games left you can go to.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:41 PM  

Welland, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
And there may be a few B-mets games left you can go to.
Nope B-Mets were finished in early Sept (all minor leagues go to playoffs then). Have to wait till April. And if you go to a night game in April, DRESS WARM, especially if it's a nice day.

Steve
Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 AM  

cortland, ny
I'm about 30 miles north of Bingo. Back in the day, I used to party with a bunch of DJs honing our skills. I've been to WHRW studio many times. Ahh, brings back memories.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads