Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2010, 11:21 AM  

Nope, PA
Crossbow hunting in NY

They will only be legal us use in Regular Gun season and late Bow/Muzzleloader season.

They are not legal in early Bow season. Even if you are disabled you can no longer use a crossbow in early bow season. Not for any reason, those permits are void as of next year.

Crossbows in NY: Frequently Asked Questions - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

just an FYI.....

Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM  

Corning, NY, NY
man up and use a flintlock.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 PM  

Rochester, New York
Keep pushing, Albany.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:00 PM  

Poughkeepsie, New York
Is that a done deal. I Bow and gun hunt. I don't for see me shelling out for Cross bow until I am like 80 . but then what would be the point if you can only use it Gun season.

I think they should allow those who can't physically handle a bow go out with a cross bow during bow season, I think there should be a special permit issued on a case by case basis . I am thinking of some of the older guys who just can't do it anymore, Heck I love bow hunting , I prey I never see the day my body does not tolerate .
Old 10-08-2010, 02:32 AM  

East Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
Is that a done deal. I Bow and gun hunt. I don't for see me shelling out for Cross bow until I am like 80 . but then what would be the point if you can only use it Gun season.

I think they should allow those who can't physically handle a bow go out with a cross bow during bow season, I think there should be a special permit issued on a case by case basis . I am thinking of some of the older guys who just can't do it anymore, Heck I love bow hunting , I prey I never see the day my body does not tolerate .
I agree, I saw where a disabled veteran from the Iraq war who lost both of his hands in an IED explosion was only able to use a crossbow was granted special permission. Obviously he sacrificed more than enough to warrant the exception and to be denied something he enjoyed on top of being denied the use if his hands would be ridiculous. As long as people didnt take advantage of it...
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 AM  

Elwood, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
Even if you are disabled you can no longer use a crossbow in early bow season.
I thought crossbows were previously illegal in NY no matter what?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:02 PM  

Albany, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
I thought crossbows were previously illegal in NY no matter what?
Me too. I thought they have been illegal for years and I'm an avid hunter! I guess i dont know all that much??
Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 AM  

cortland, ny
they were previously illegal, but the state needs money. I think that they should be legal for bow season with an endorsement like you have to have a bow stamp
Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 AM  

Dix Hills, New York
Wasn't there recently a bill passed in regards to this?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!