Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 06:54 AM  

rye brook, New York
MicroBreweries In Westchester, NY

I only know of Captain Lawrence, in pleasentville, but it is a fantastic brewery. If anyone gets the chance, try and visit on a saturday for tasting.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:13 AM  

Carmel, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by avibayer View Post
I only know of Captain Lawrence, in pleasentville, but it is a fantastic brewery. If anyone gets the chance, try and visit on a saturday for tasting.

I have heard of them but never been. Is the tour worthwhile?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:34 PM  

Albany, NY
Just picked up a bottle of their DIPA here in Albany not too long ago. It was a good quality brew and I'd love to visit the brewery next time I'm down in the area. I don't know of any more specifically in Westchester, but if you're willing to drive I can suggest a ton in NY.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:04 AM  

Carmel, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by dap325 View Post
Just picked up a bottle of their DIPA here in Albany not too long ago. It was a good quality brew and I'd love to visit the brewery next time I'm down in the area. I don't know of any more specifically in Westchester, but if you're willing to drive I can suggest a ton in NY.

How far of a drive? Are there any up by you in Albany? I head up that way to the Adirondacks a few times a summer. Maybe its something I can take a detour to on the way up next summer.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:39 AM  

There is also the Peekskill brewery in Peekskill. It's a brewpub that also carries a good selection of beer on tap and in the bottle from other breweries. Check it out.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by justclancy View Post
There is also the Peekskill brewery in Peekskill. It's a brewpub that also carries a good selection of beer on tap and in the bottle from other breweries. Check it out.
I've been planning a visit to this brewpub.. I hear very good things about it!!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:25 AM  

Westchester, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick91981 View Post
I have heard of them but never been. Is the tour worthwhile?
They don't do 'tours', but the tasting room is worth the visit. Scott (the owner) is a great guy and is always there pouring in the tasting room on Fridays and Saturdays. Beers are excellent and highly, highly recommended.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 PM  

woodbury, new york
defiant

Defiant brewery/pub in Pearl River NY. Haven't been there yet but I have heard good things.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:13 PM  

Albany, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick91981 View Post
How far of a drive? Are there any up by you in Albany? I head up that way to the Adirondacks a few times a summer. Maybe its something I can take a detour to on the way up next summer.
There is the Pump Station in Albany, Browns in Troy and the Adirondack Brew Pub in Lake George to name a few. All worthy of a visit IMO.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 PM  

Hopewell Junction, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by avibayer View Post
Second that for captain lawrence.....awesome beer

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.