Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 PM  
"VolksJeepin"

Poughkeepsie, NY
Mount Beacon fire tower restoration.

Hey everyone, since the Hudson Valley is one of the best places in the country to hike I figure there has to be some hikers on here. The fire tower on Mount Beacon is currently being restored. Many organizations are lending a hand in order to get the project accomplished. Take a look at the website and see if you would be interested in helping out, or if you know of anyone that would be interested in lending some hands.

Mount Beacon Fire Tower

Even if you don't want to work, spread the word and show support! This is a great thing that will bring a ton of revenue to the area!

Groups such as the Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers (www.HV4W.org) have helped transport steel to the top of the mountain. There are also local Ironworkers donating their time in order to install support beams.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:11 PM  

12550, New York
I would have loved to help with something like that. Sounds like a great project for the area.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:15 PM  
"VolksJeepin"

Poughkeepsie, NY
It was man. The weather on the first day was crystal clear and everything went smooth. It was such a good feeling to help out with such an outstanding project in the Hudson Valley.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM  

12550, New York
Yeah, I was telling someone about the project a couple of weeks ago (I read about it on JF). He said that the trails around Mount Beacon are nice.... too bad they aren't open. Even the hiking trail would be awesome to drive up.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 PM  
"VolksJeepin"

Poughkeepsie, NY
Yeah, the terrain on the mountain is amazing. It is one of the best places to hike. Breakneck ridge too. I believe it is one of the top rated hiking trails in the country. Mt. Beacon and Breakneck connect too so there are literally trails to last for days of hiking.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads