Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 PM  

St Louis, MO
The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome is a great reason, just try to make it a Saturday or Sunday June through October. It's quite a thing to see and hear the old planes flying.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:46 PM  

Potsdam, NY
Adirondacks in the Fall. You're not going to find much better. It was good enough to host the winter olympics in Lake Placid.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM  

Huntington Station, NY
If you are coming in the summer head to Smiths Point beach, its beautiful and its Jeep friendly when it is open, just call ahead. You could come for a Yankees game if you can afford it... I just watch em on TV at this point though. If its an early fall trip, the Palisades Parkway up to Bear Mountain is beautiful, and everything north of there is amazing in the fall, you'll see so many bright colors its almost hynotic. Add in some of our local pumpkin beer and you've got a great day!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 AM  

Long Island, New York
Long Island in the fall is good for wine and pumpkin apple & strawberry picking good time all around plus you get crocked ! lol
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM  

Wading River, NY
Ther eis absolutely no reason to come to South Eastern New York
The City and Long Island have nothing but traffic to offer you.
I have lived on Long Island my entire life. In the last 15 years there is absolutely no good time to travel with out sitting in Traffic.
In the name of "safety" our liberal State offiicials have Drowned us in Traffic lights and 4 way stop signs.

If that hasn't turned you off, take a look at teh prices of, well Everything.
If you care to buy anything you better know how to speak spanish because we have been infested with Illegal aliens and our Officials are OK with this.
As another Post mentioned. Go North of NY City for a beatiful area of hills and quiet. You'll still get grappled in our huge Sales and Gas tax. Oh, not to mention the Road Tolls.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM  

Ossining, NY
Sing-Sing maximum security prison is an interesting place.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 AM  

Wading River, NY
You got me. Sing-Sing is nice.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 AM  

Huntington Station, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
Ther eis absolutely no reason to come to South Eastern New York
The City and Long Island have nothing but traffic to offer you.
I have lived on Long Island my entire life. In the last 15 years there is absolutely no good time to travel with out sitting in Traffic.
In the name of "safety" our liberal State offiicials have Drowned us in Traffic lights and 4 way stop signs.

If that hasn't turned you off, take a look at teh prices of, well Everything.
If you care to buy anything you better know how to speak spanish because we have been infested with Illegal aliens and our Officials are OK with this.
As another Post mentioned. Go North of NY City for a beatiful area of hills and quiet. You'll still get grappled in our huge Sales and Gas tax. Oh, not to mention the Road Tolls.
Wow... I get around without issue and love it on Long Island... feel free to move if you hate it so much. I mean, ya, there is traffic, but there is traffic everywhere you go unless you get to a really rural area, and then you don't have the availablity of all the things we have on the Island. Oh, and my Jeep is a 2005 with 116,000 miles on it, so I spend enough time on the roads to know what I am talking about.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:46 AM  

Wading River, NY
I am buying land and will build my High Thermal Mass home for my retirenment WAY the heck off of this Tax pit. The Truck will be packed and sitting outside of my work so two minutes after I retire, we are gone.
I have 3 vehicles with over 300K miles on them. I've spent a lot of my life sitting in traffic and driving defensively to avoid Unlicensed, unregistered, uninsured Illegal Aliens that run free here.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 AM  

Huntington Station, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
I am buying land and will build my High Thermal Mass home for my retirenment WAY the heck off of this Tax pit. The Truck will be packed and sitting outside of my work so two minutes after I retire, we are gone.
I have 3 vehicles with over 300K miles on them. I've spent a lot of my life sitting in traffic and driving defensively to avoid Unlicensed, unregistered, uninsured Illegal Aliens that run free here.
Well best of luck to you, and I can appreciate where your coming from, but the illegals are almost everywhere now, and they are only spreading. Until INS gets the green light to go on a hiring spree and start doing some real enforcement your not going to be able to find a illegal free zone anywhere in the country pretty soon. As for me, I am hooked on the conveniences we have here along with the beaches, I just wish all the folks that moved out to the Island after 9-11 would move back to the city now.

If your into it, we also have some very nice Mountain Bike trails, which is insane because the Island is flat... they are fun though.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.