Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 07:50 AM  

Wading River, NY
The Spiral down of America.

As we know, China Owns the USA today and will dominate more in the future.
Do you realize that our State Colleges are being told by the Feds to accept Asian students over our own American, State born children? If your middle class, New York State born and raised child applies to a State school that your tax dollar helps to fund and a Chinese youth applies with the same credentials, your kid losses the seat in the classroom.
In a method to thank China for bailing us out Financially, we are accepting their children over our own in our State schools. In my opinion it sounds like our future is grim. China will have higher educated children as our country falls further because these Chinese children substituted our kids. Dipping the USA faster into not being a world power. VERY SAD

Old 10-05-2010, 09:25 AM  

Nope, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
As we know, China Owns the USA today and will dominate more in the future.
Do you realize that our State Colleges are being told by the Feds to accept Asian students over our own American, State born children? If your middle class, New York State born and raised child applies to a State school that your tax dollar helps to fund and a Chinese youth applies with the same credentials, your kid losses the seat in the classroom.
In a method to thank China for bailing us out Financially, we are accepting their children over our own in our State schools. In my opinion it sounds like our future is grim. China will have higher educated children as our country falls further because these Chinese children substituted our kids. Dipping the USA faster into not being a world power. VERY SAD
I want evidence of this Chinese student thing, before I comment

Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 AM  

Wading River, NY
I asked the President of StonyBrook University for the ERG grades of the students that got accepted into their Graduate programs. Still waiting.

Previous students and now my daughter who have had None English Speaking Students forced on them as Lab partners and had to basically do all the work that was supposed to be shared are now seeing these Asian students get accepted and they are getting rejected. There is much more to gett accepted then just the ERG. These American students have plenty of community service and other volunteer work under their belts. They have exceeded all the Criteria yet the Imported Students that rode on American Shirt tails are taken ahead of them.
Way too much evidence of this over the past 6 years to explain. It's happening. Many red faces of School officials that I have confronted...they can't come out and say it.
All State schools have this demand.. I think only Stony Brook is known as The Asian Invasion
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 AM  
Human After All

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Simple explanation: Out of state students pay more. Foreign students pay more. Foreign students usually have grants. Guaranteed payment on tuition from foreign students with higher tuition.

More money to take a foreign student than a New York student.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 AM  

Wading River, NY
I'm not sure that is the case.. maybe. I know many of the scholarships go to these kids instead of the deserving. Again, just to play nice with our financial aid, China. But even if that is the case then what is that teaching our next generation? Money talks and all your efforts don't mean a thing. Give up. It doesn't matter anyway. Very demotivating for the few motivated people in teh USA. Very Sad.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 AM  

Rochester, New York
Is there a link that corroborates what you're saying about preferring Asians to natives in the SUNY system? Where did you hear about this?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:20 AM  

Wading River, NY
Of course there isn't. We live in a Liberal country...

Many of my daughter's colleagues as well as my daughter are living this travesty.
4.0 students with over 600 on their ERG's scores and the Asian students that were in their classes and relied on the help of my daughter have been accepted to graduate classes, as the Americans with the good grades are not.
Even the College professors that taught and knew what students were doing the work are not happy with the Politics that is happening in a scholastic environment.
The president of the University has not answered my request to see the tallied up scores of the students that were accepted by "the Board".
Students (excellent students) for several years have been complaining about this... It's not general knowledge because, well, the media prints and puts a spin on the stories that they are allowed to print. In recent years, ALL classes, not just labs have pupils teamed up with each other. They pass it off as learning social skills. Unfortunately it burdens the heck out of the English speaking American that wants a good grade. At this level, Students should be competing for a place in the world, Social skills was learned in Elementary school. This forced partnership forces a student to do both their share and the share of the non-English speaking, not comprehending foreigner.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 AM  

Rochester, New York
OK, well, that's good to know as far as it goes. If it's an official policy or an indisputable trend based on a large number of examples, then I'd be more concerned.

For the record, there's no shortage of hard information showing how collectivists screw with this country. I thought maybe there might be similar hard info for this issue.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 PM  

12550, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Simple explanation: Out of state students pay more. Foreign students pay more. Foreign students usually have grants. Guaranteed payment on tuition from foreign students with higher tuition.

More money to take a foreign student than a New York student.
State Schools get no more money from an out of an international student than they do an American citizen, and no more from an out of state citizen then they do an instate citizen. They just get less govt. money. The guaranteed money lies in the kids with more financial aid.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:32 PM  

Since my youngest daughter just graduated from UC Irvine, I just checked the latest costs. It appears that International Students pay nearly 50% more in tuition than California residents. The costs are listed below:

Estimated average costs for California residents, 2010-11

Fees*
$11,285
$11,285

Books and supplies
$1,564
$1,564

Health insurance allowance/Fee
$1,046
$1,046

Room and board
$12,980 (on campus)
$9,889 (off campus)

Personal/transportation
$2,575
$3,352

TOTAL
$29,450 (on campus)
$27,136 (off campus)

International Students:
ESTIMATED COSTS OF ATTENDING THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA

Undergraduate Costs for Nine-Month Academic Year, 2010-2011

Tuition and Fees*
$34,164

Books and Supplies
$1,565

Living (Room and Board)
$12,980

Personal/Transportation
$2,575

Health Insurance Allowance/Fee
$1,046

Total Average Estimated Costs
$52,330 (on campus)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.