Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 PM  

Rockland County, New York
Ticks

What is the best way to remove a tick?

Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 PM  

12550, New York
Soap water and a pair of tweezers at the head. That reduces the risk of transmitting Lyme Disease.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM  

My wife, being a dog groomer, said the quickest way to remove the tick without leaving parts behind, is to strike a match, blow it out, touch the still hot match head onto the butt of the tick, and it will back out completely. Then grab your tweezers and remove it.

Remember, if there was one tick, they might be more. Check the dogs ears, armpit, rear area, and in the webbing between the toes for more of those little rascals.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:26 AM  

Southampton, New York
There is a real informative and helpful Iphone app from ALDF (American Lyme Disease Foundation) with tick maps (showing tick populations and risk of infection), advice on how to prevent and treat, how to remove, LD symptoms, finding physicians with experience with Lyme, and lots more. Search "Lyme Disease" in Itunes store.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:55 AM  

Rockland County, New York
Thank you for the info
Old 11-05-2010, 07:46 PM  

Carmel, NY
I use one of these when I find a tick on my dog. Works really well.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:58 AM  

hudson, new york
i use one of those on myself they work great
Old 11-12-2010, 05:03 AM  

Poughkeepsie, ny
I live in the heart of Tick country, both Deer Ticks and Wood ticks. I or my wife remove about 15 ticks a yrs from different parts of my body. 14 out of every 15 are usually wood ticks and do no harm except aggravate me because they do hurt when the get dug in and that usually happends when I'm sleeping.
no matter which kind of tick that we take out, I take a Doxycycline capsule immediately and another one in 12 hours, If a bulls eye appears in the next day or 2, I take one capsule twice a day for the next 20 days. I've got so many ticks that the Dr. thought it best for me to keep some capsules home so i wouldn't have to hit the emergency rm every time i get a tick.. I'm on the 20 day program again right now, my neighbors hands are all crippled up from deer ticks,(lime disease) from the ticks he got yrs ago before anyone knew about the damage they were doing

DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE CAPSULES.

best tweezers to remove ticks in humans

best tool to remove ticks from animals, dogs anyway.we could fill a drinking glass with ticks that we've took out of the labs with this tool.

absolutely worthless for anything although it's sold as a tick remover.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads