Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
It took me about 5 years to try and duplicate the wonderful sauce made by Flint's BBQ in Oakland after we moved up here from the Bay area. i read a few weeks ago that they have gone out of business. The elderly owner died and no one else had the sauce recipe. They kept trying but people just didn't like it as they did the original. Mine's in my head too, but I have given it to my son. My wife went on business to Kansas City and brought back a couple of bottles of different ones, but I have yet to taste anything bottled that's very good.
I saw a post you made from a couple years ago. I spent 8 years at UCB and loved Flints. You mentioned that you were able to duplicate their sauce. I'd love to try your recipe - the only thing close I've found is Everett and Jones (which you can buy in the Sacramento Safeway stores).
Would you PLEASE send me what you came upwith? My email is craig_locke@hotmail.com.
I thank you profusely... I'm dropping my kids at SFO tomorrow and plan on a stop at Berkeley Bowl to get salza fixins - wish I could get a rack though... and links... I don't think I've eaten wonder bread since they closed...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!