Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2010, 11:35 AM  

Overland Park, KS
Looking to relocate to NC

Looking to relocate to NC. Asheville or Wilmington preferably, but anywhere will do. Want to be close to everything I enjoy, mountains, ocean, and lots of outdoors! If anyone can help network, it would be much appreciated. Got to have work before the move.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:58 AM  

Overland Park, KS
Looking to move to NC

Looking to relocate to NC, but hoping to find a job with a company that will pay for it. Any networking opportunities out there.

Also, we haven't been everywhere in NC, so if there are any cities to stay away from, please let me know. Right now we are looking for jobs anywhere in the state, so please help stop us from making a mistake.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:48 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
moving this thread to the NC forum. should get more attention there
Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM  

High Point, NC
Raleigh and Charlotte are probably your best options. Fayetteville if you are interested in gov't work, usually jobs on base there.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:13 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Merged threads Same thing.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
haha this thread gets around...
Old 10-19-2010, 08:21 PM  

waynesville, nc
Asheville seams to have a lot of jobs open. not sure what u do but try ashevillejobs.com
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by koapsmith View Post
Raleigh and Charlotte are probably your best options. Fayetteville if you are interested in gov't work, usually jobs on base there.
I would also look at Durham,Winston Salem,and Lexington.I prefer Oriental but it's more of a sailing and boating community.I lived outside of Linville in Hudson.It's not far from Lenoir.I think Lenoir has been hit hard by the depression of 2000-10.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM  

Sanford, NC
I'll second looking at Gov't jobs. Some of them will pay moving; not as many as about 10 or so years ago but some will still pay your way.

Asheville seems to be the "it" spot right now so you'll likely have a lot of competition for anything but a highly specialized job. Of course, the Triangle appears to have more people from outside NC than NC natives, so... Lots of jobs there, though. Not a heck of a lot of industry in Wilmington but there are usually jobs available.

I think the economy is bringing in a lot of new folks who are looking for work, and the thousands who come here for the military find out they really don't want to go back "home" so there's that, too.

Good luck in your search.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 AM  

North Kingstown, RI
Looking to move from RI to NC probably this Spring. Want warmer weather more of the year and the cost of living is somewhat less. Can't wait!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!