Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2010, 08:27 AM  

San Jose, Costa Rica
NC is one of the most beautifl and diverse states, plus, people are friendly and food is great!

i am a sucker for tradition and i have a motto: i remember where i have been for what i have eaten...and that is true in NC.

Go to little richard's restaurant in winston salem. there are two, look for the older one, is the original, have a bbq sandwich and enjoy the friendly atmosphere.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM  

charlotte, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCoffeePlumber View Post
Two Words: Carolina Girls

abso-freakin-lutely!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM  

charlotte, nc
plus the beaches and mountains are some of the most beautiful you will see I think, and the girls
Old 09-23-2010, 10:39 AM  

Huntington, WV
The main reason I vist NC is the outer banks. There is nothing better than renting a sweet house on the beach. Driving out and doing some night fishing for shark, or getting up early and making a run for the point to catch some blues from the surf. by far one of my most fav. spots to be.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChEaPsK87 View Post
you guys above can have the beaches...Mountains is where its at! we have the oldest mountain range in the US better known as URE (Uwharrie). camping, hiking, ORV trails, horse back, fishing, hunting, target range and more! lets not forget the Blue Ridge mtns. got the parkway which is awesome at any time of the year but fall color change (which is coming soon!!!) is breath taking. great fishing in the new river (which is 1 of 2 rivers in the world that flows north BTW) along with good kayak/canoe trips.
Let's hope they bring back the target range. It was shut down due to some issues some lady claimed to have, She said she was hiking and a bullet "bounce off" her body or something along those lines. Shooting over the hill they created & how close the trails are. Hopefully they can get it back up next summer as they have planned.
And the trails at URE are awesommee!! totally agree. Can't wait to get out there again. Not to mention all the fellow wheelers out there are so nice. You can leave your tent all day long while riding and no one will mess with it. And anyone will stop and help if you're having troubles.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 AM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
didnt hear about the target range thing...that sucks! i have been to URE 2 times. but it was in my 2wd ranger and i stayed on the easy trail up to the mud hole. but my ranger made it no problems and only high centered over 1 hill. still wanna try out the Daniel trail but gotta wait on my XJ project to finish to do that.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:32 AM  

kernersville, nc
I've been out at URE before and heard bullets whizzing by. bunch of fools that don't know how to shoot out there.

NC is awesome, I love it. hot summer, cold (but short) winters. long fall and spring. lots of leaves to change colors in the fall (blue ridge parkway), the beaches.

There are a lot of great things here!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:38 AM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
[QUOTE=jamba;14434]I've been out at URE before and heard bullets whizzing by. bunch of fools that don't know how to shoot out there.

QUOTE]

i think this is the main cause!!! some people dont have enough common sense to own a knife much less a gun. you have to respect the power you hold in your hands or you or someone else might get hurt by it. dont worry because idiots like these are going to get our right to bear arms taken away eventually anyway!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:47 AM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
I usually carry a K-bar knife on me, in the side pocket of my purse for easy access. I was out a the bar one night with my girlfriends and she flipped the side pocket of my purse trying to find my mints and was all "OHHH A KNIFE" and tried to take it out. I pulled my purse away and stopped her hand. Good lord. Let's not wave a blade out at the bar. I should have just left it in my jeep.

And I tried to google the incident at URE. I found a Carolina Shooters forum. Some of them were blaming us on the trials and the trails themselves. Thankfully someone had already pointed out that the trials were there first lol.

From about the dozen times I went to the shootin range the guys there were pretty chill and nice. But the thing is the range is usually occupied by people just going to shoot.. Sometimes there isnt anyone up there. Rarely do you see the owners or rangers up there. This of course can allow shenanigans
Old 09-26-2010, 08:32 PM  

Kinston, North Carolina
I think you should visit NC for cape lookout national seashore. You can take your car over there, or go over for the day just to camp. Its a beautiful island!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.