Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 PM  

Clayton, North Carolina
The Rare Breed, Someone Actually born in NC

It seems everytime I talk to someone whos moved here its from "New Jousie!" or "New yoooork", its like NC is yankee heaven or something.

I was born and raised here, little known town of Lizard Lick NC.

I really dont care where you are from, yankee or not just pls pls pls lose that jersey accent and learn what shrimp grits are!

So where are you from and where are you now?

Old 10-07-2010, 04:51 AM  
Ice Cream Man

Franklin, NC
Is Lizard Lick where that crazy Repo man and his wife from, them folks is wild?VJ

Old 10-07-2010, 11:22 AM  

Asheville, North Carolina
From Troutman, NC and now in Asheville, NC
Old 10-07-2010, 08:41 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
I was born not far from NC. I was born and raised in the Carolinas.

SC to NC

G.R.I.T.S. if you catch my drift.

But yeah, a lot of people from up north love to move here.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Born and Bred. Hillbilly till the day I die! Born at Asheville Memorial, raised in Marion NC, Boone for my 4 years at ASU and now I live in the QC.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:25 AM  
Ice Cream Man

Franklin, NC
got here as soon as I could!!

When I was 15, Dad and I visited Highlands to stay with my Grandmother, I loved the area so much that I knew this is where I wanted to be after retiring from the service!!!!VJ
Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 AM  

Wilmington, North Carolina
I was born in Tx but moved hear when I still soiling my diapers! I'll always call NC home, it's all I've known....
And please, if your gonna move here please learn how to speak suthern'! Ya'll fit in a lot better that way!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:42 PM  

Clayton, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyrok101 View Post
I was born in Tx but moved hear when I still soiling my diapers! I'll always call NC home, it's all I've known....
And please, if your gonna move here please learn how to speak suthern'! Ya'll fit in a lot better that way!
Im just as surprised that Y'all is not in the book as they are that we say it down here. Just saw a sticker on a jeep yesterday saying "misplaced texan". Could that have been you
Old 10-13-2010, 08:00 AM  

Wilmington, North Carolina
Definitely wasn' t me. I've been back to Tx a few times for work and although some of the places like San Antonio, Austin, & Houston are nice places I wouldn't want to live there!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:37 AM  

Wilmington, NC
I was born in Long Island, but moved down here when I was three (I should say I was moved down here when my father was transferred to RTP) That said, I love it down here. And funny enough, I also dread the droves of people moving here. But what I really can't stand is when people do nothing but look down on the area and its people. Same goes for the people who defend the area by saying "how far it's come," as if there used to be something wrong with it. I fall much more in line with the way of life in NC than in the North. I've always loved it here, but it took some time to realize that I was lucky enough to find my own little corner of paradise in NC. I'm not leaving. Now I've found me an NC-born girl to marry. We'd both like a smallish town to live in; I'm not a city person. Problem is that all the small towns are becoming large towns! Still, I can't fathom how much more I could love this state or its people and way of life.

As for the food, I don't think anything can beat it. And before you ask, I put salt and butter in my grits, not sugar. I'll accept being called a Yankee, but when referred to as a New Yorker I correct them. I'm a North Carolinian. I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.