Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2010, 06:29 PM  

Lewisville, NC
Uwharrie National Forest (UNF)

If you love wheeling, family and camping and haven't made it to UNF you have been missing out on one of NCs premiere destinations. And stop by El Dorado for some great fried chicken .

Anyone have any UNF stories to share?

Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
My first summer with the Jeep I practically lived at URE. Almost every Sunday I was wheeling, learning what the Jeep will and will not do, and camping out with friends. The funniest story I guess is from the first time Sarah (Sarahdactyl) and I went wheeling. I told her not to worry about anything, that I was going to go slow and not push the Jeep. All I heard from her seat the entire day was a consistent stream of "oh ****." I finally had to tell her "unless I say oh ***** you don't need to worry."

We are planning to go up with both rigs on a Sunday pretty soon.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
My first summer with the Jeep I practically lived at URE. Almost every Sunday I was wheeling, learning what the Jeep will and will not do, and camping out with friends. The funniest story I guess is from the first time Sarah (Sarahdactyl) and I went wheeling. I told her not to worry about anything, that I was going to go slow and not push the Jeep. All I heard from her seat the entire day was a consistent stream of "oh ****." I finally had to tell her "unless I say oh ***** you don't need to worry."

We are planning to go up with both rigs on a Sunday pretty soon.

Lol! That's true. But that was a long time ago. You would be out of luck if you didn't me for a spotter .

I lovvvveee Uwharrie. I know that they also have Horseback riding, which I would really like to do . They also have Lake Baden a great place to go kayaking and swimming. Shooting range is also one of my favorites, but it is temporarily unavailable right now, hopefully it will be up next summer.
Also love that you can camp right off the trails.

My favorite story would have to be when we were wheeling on Daniel. "There's a tree there" *THUMP*
Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 PM  

Lets put that tree story into context...
Andy: "Sarah, watch that tree and make sure I don't hit it while I get us over these rocks" (Jeep was stock at the time aside from the 31" BFG KOs
Sarah: "Ok just turn to the left and you should be ok"
Andy: *turns wheels to the left, moves forward*
Sarah: "Ok you should be good"
Jeep: *BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM*
Andy: "Found that tree"
Old 10-14-2010, 05:25 PM  

Greenville, NC
Only been there once, but i can't wait to go back.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:41 PM  

clarksville, TN
I have been there shooting at the range before, but i havent made it there since i brought a jeep though. One day!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:26 PM  

Cameron, North Carolina
I jjust moved to the area,and cant wait to go up there maybe this weekend after i get a brake job done on the manche.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 AM  

Troy, North Carolina
I live just 15 miles from the Badin area of the forest. ( the UNF is actually all over Montgomery County) We like to kayak on Falls lake ( the little lake between Tillery and Badin) Hardly any boats and lots of wildlife. Just got a Jeep Wrangler so looking forward to taking it off road up there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!