Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 11:15 AM  

Winston salem, North Carolina
I really like how the weather is so variable. One week it's warm weather then the next it could be really cold. Also the people are really nice and friendly

Old 10-18-2010, 04:09 PM  

Southport, NC
Everything!,,, BUT the Mosquitoes and Gnats ....

Old 10-18-2010, 08:08 PM  

Cullowhee, North Carolina
The mountains, without a doubt. The scenery, the people, the food, the music, the culture, everything. Especially this time of the year, the mountains are beautiful! Anyone who hasn't seen the leaves in the fall needs to take a ride on the parkway asap!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 PM  

waynesville, nc
i love the fishing most and the 4x4 trails.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
I enjoy riding my motorcycle on the Blue Ridge Parkway.I also enjoy visiting Cashiers,Mt. Mitchell,Skyuka Mt.(aka White Oak Mt.),Lake Lure,Chimney Rock.We frequently shop in Hendersonville.I live really close to the NC/SC state line so I am frequently in NC.Oh,I also enjoy riding through Green River Cove and Lake Adger.One day I will own a large sail boat and sail the ICW up to Oriental,NC.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM  

Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMudder View Post
The people. It's a tough choice, because I love a lot of things about the state. The food is great, the scenery is great, but it would all be for naught if it weren't for the people who make it such an enjoyable place to live in.

I agree, especially the people that are from here.
I'd like to move to a colder climate, but I've made
so many friends here it would be tough to leave.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM  

Jacksonville, NC
It is not too fast. I hate when I have to travel to big cities with rude people. Plenty of land to spread out too.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:34 PM  

Yanceyville, North Carolina
Wife and I moved to the Asheville area about 15 years ago from Connecticut. We really liked NC when we came here on a quick visit, and had moved here within 7 months. Just liked the people, the diversification and the lifestyle.
We left Asheville three years ago and now live in a very little town named Yanceyville. It's a small farming community which is very laid back and the folks here are extremely "country nice". So far, it's been great.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 AM  

Georgia
I like to go see the alligators!

Video - Alligators Near Wilmington
Old 11-03-2010, 05:42 AM  

Johnson Cit, Tennessee
Best place to get Christmas trees. When you need a 10' tree you can only get a good one at the lot and Elk Park has the best lot to go to and Winter's. Free popcorn and hot chocolate while you wait for them to cut and trim the tree.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!