Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 AM  

lewisville, n.c.
I like the distinct 4 seasons and the adventures all over the state during each one.
nothing like NC im sure.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:20 AM  

Fayetteville, NC
I love the openness of NC, coming from California, I can say I don't miss the cement jungle.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:57 AM  

Mt. Airy, NC
Like others have said..

You can still have 4 seasons through the year unlike many places! Beautiful Spring and Fall seasons here in the foothills! Minutes from the mountains and a few hours from the beach from where I live!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 PM  

Greensboro, NC
Almost too much to narrow down!

The seasons.

Mountains and Coast within driving distance.

Great local music.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:05 PM  

Cary, NC
Some of the reasons I came to NC 42 years ago were the combination of great universities, beautiful mountains and seashores, outstanding high tech job opportunities, and mild climate. There are now downsides as well such as high taxes and our bankrupted state government. When I first came here a state law prevented deficit spending but that has long since vanished. As a consequence of the 2010 elections for the first time in decades NC will be governed by Republican lawmakers. I am hopeful that they won't continue the tax and spend policies that the Democrats have engaged in for far too long. If they do I hope the people of NC vote them out as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:36 AM  

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
I like the fact that we have mountains and the ocean. I love the fishing in both areas but if I had to pick one over the other I'd have to take the mountains...love the folklore and old-time ways ! (Foxfire Books anyone?)
Old 11-30-2010, 08:52 PM  

Charlotte, NC
Like most of you guys, I love the proximity to the mountains and the coast. I really would love to live in Asheville again. I went to school their for a few years and, if I could have found a job in my field after graduating, I probably would have stayed.

There is some great beer being brewed in Western North Carolina!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:59 PM  

Kernersville, NC
There are many things I like about NC. Someone said you can go from Coast to Mountains in a day - but why push it? You have so many great places to eat and drink and wonderful places to see.
Beaches, Lakes, Rivers, more minor league baseball teams than any other state,

I like this peaceful easy feeling here.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:28 PM  

Great input

It is great to hear all the good things about NC. We are thinking very seriously about relocating, NC is at the top of our list. Only two things are getting in our way! Finding jobs and selling our current home. We are looking around for job openings, and the property prices are WAY less than in our OVERPRICED state!

Anyone have any thoughts on what regions may have the best employment opportunities?

Thanks

P.S. I hope this will be the last winter I see 4 feet of snow and -30!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:33 PM  

Boone, NC
You can also go driving on the beach on (south end of) Carolina Beach. It's awesome. Drive your 4-wheel drive out there and camp; it's only like $12 to spend the night out there. Be sure to lower the pressure in your tires to about 12 psi, and then don't forget to refill them when you drive off the beach, or you'll have no control on the road. If you show up after midnight, the attendant is gone and you don't have to pay, but you have to set up in the dark. Then you can fish and hang out on the beach the next day. GREAT TIME!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!