Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 AM  

North Carolina
I like the country and the beaches.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM  

clarksville, TN
I like alot about North Carolina. The mountains are gorgeous. The beaches and deap sea fishing off the coast is great. We got racing, football(maybe not this year so much, panthers). I just love that you dont have to go that far to see all sorts of things.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 PM  

Mountains, beach..everything in between. What more could you ask for?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:29 AM  

There's much to love about NC. I love geographical variance, from the mountains to foothills (I really enjoy nature, the forests, rivers and lakes) to the coast and one of my favorite vacation spots: the OBX. From southern food to southern hospitality, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:37 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
Greetings All,

Moved here from southern California in late '85, coutesy of AmTrak.
Lived in Rutherford County till '89 then Guilford and Forsyth counties till residing in Guilford since '96.
Travelled the entire state on weekends in the '90s, met many people and it's neat that people wave.
Waving at people in California (and many other states) one gets the huh? approach (or other salutes), but not usually here in NC!!

Mountains are wonderful to explore apart from the pay to hike areas like Grandfather mountain.

It's VERY DIFFICULT to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and expect to get very far what with all the hiking potentialities. One could easily spend a month and not get very far along the B.R.P. especially in the Cherokee to Linville areas.

Hanging Rock State Park is fun yet is best visited from Mon-Fri where on the weekends it becomes crowded, noisy, etc.

Who amongst us has also visited Grandfather Mountain and hiked the trail from the parking lot near the short and goofy Swinging Bridge??
The Ladders are the best part and off trail hiking is feasible after the Ladders, however one should be somewhat akin to Mountain Goats.

ENJOY NC!!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:48 AM  

I've lived here for 35 years and though I always knew it was a great state , I never realized it more than when faced with the possibility that I might have to leave.. Its actually made me LOOK at the trees, the grass and all the beautiful scenery with new eyes. Folks wave and smile as I go down old and new roads and I smile and wave back , with joy and a new found sense of Gratitude.
We have our issues as does every state but I know one thing for sure. I LOVE North Carolina- her beaches - her mountains - her People- the smell of her air and the dirt under my feet..
I'd like to thank all the folks who live here for making this the wonderful place it is to Live.. and give a big ole southern welcome to all those who move here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!