Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2010, 02:21 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i caught one of the biggest freshwater fish of my life 25 min from tow. i know several good fishing spots closer then that. alot of people ice fish in the winter, i havent tried it yet. dont know if im that dedicated lol.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:22 PM  
Token Indian

Belcourt, North Dakota
you'll have to come east out of Minot and come up to the International Peace Garden..

International Peace Garden United States and Canada

Old 10-15-2010, 04:48 PM  

Carrington, North Dakota
I have lived in ND all my life. Most of the towns have very good education systems. Bismarck is a very growing community (but took a couple of hits with a couple of manufacturing plants closing). Minot is growing and is very intergral to the new oil boom in the Bakkan Formation.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:04 PM  

The best fishing is on Devils Lake, IMO.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 AM  

Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
its not big, and it doesnt try to be. thats why i dont like bismark. they whole place just feels awkward to me.
I think that is just a perception of where you have been the longest. I lived in Bismarck (don't forget the 'c') for 20 years of my life and Minot seems very awkward and desolate to me. Though I am sure it has changed some since the oil boom. I'm sure if I lived there, I would get used to it.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:10 PM  

Bismarck, North Dakota
I live in Lincoln, a 'burb' outside of Bismarck. I love it! It's easy in and out of Bismarck. Plus housing is cheaper outside the city.

I've lived in many towns across the state, and I like all of them. It really just depends on what you like to do.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:55 PM  

I go to bismarck about twice a month and find it to have everything fargo does. Re people seem like you would expect,,, hard working midstates people...and a few politicians ha!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.