Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2010, 01:58 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit North Dakota

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 10-15-2010, 04:41 PM  

Carrington, North Dakota
I am a life long resident of ND. Where do I start. Well the west has the Badlands (best seen late May early June very pretty land) easy access to the south unit of Theodore Roosvelt Park but the north unit up Highway 85 is more scenic). Bismarck is our capital and situate on the Missouri River, it has several attractions, the State Capital (know as the sky scraper on the praire), the heritage center (North Dakota history) and Fort Abraham Lincoln (the fort Custer stayed at before the battle of Little Big Horn). As you head east you will realize the land changes and before you know it you are in the Red River Valley a area where in place the elevation doesn't change more then a foot in 60 miles. On the eastern edge there is the largest town of Fargo (180,000).

Depending on your wants ND can probably provide.
Camping is available all over
Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks and Minot all provide for arts and entertainment.
Hunting and Fishing is abundant
the air is clean and the sky at sun set is gorgeous

Old 10-23-2010, 05:38 AM  

Atlanta, GA
There's always the Peace Gardens - celebration of the longest unfortified border between two countries in the world. International Music Camp meets near there, so if you go in the summer, you can take in some nostalgic-for-high-school concerts.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:40 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
the peace gardens are cool, but not really worth traveling to in the fall/winter when all the leaves are gone.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:59 AM  

Oak Grove, MN
The Badlands any time of the year. See where Teddy became a man. Also check out the house the Marquis de Mores left behind.
If you are a hunter, best waterfowl hunting in Midwest. Good pheasant hunting in certain areas.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 PM  

The Badlands are definitely worth visiting any time of the year. We also have great waterfowl hunting in the fall if that's something that interests you.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:00 AM  
Just a Dude in a city

Boston, MA
I would say one good reason is hunting! I am from ND but livce out east now and I loved hunting out there!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM  

Minneapolis, MN
Not to beat the horse, but the Badlands/Painted Canyons are by far one of the best attractants.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:40 PM  

Fargo, ND
I would have to say that our "Mountain Removal Project" has been completed.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:19 PM  

I guess it depends on what time of the year you want to visit. There are many nice places to go there as I lived in ND for 40 years. The western part of the state is very scenic.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.