Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
I was supposed to go away to Saskatchewan this weekend, but that fell through. So I was thinking that I might just go out and get my truck dirty somewhere tomorrow. If I do go I will be sure to bring my camrea.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:35 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
found a couple good spots here in town today. a whole network of smow mobile trails, and a road that had a closed sign on one end of it, but not the other

Old 12-30-2010, 08:41 PM  

ND
The Cliffhangers is an offroad group from this area that do a few runs a year. I am pretty new to Minot (Army, not AF ) and have no idea what there is for offroad around here. Look into Western ND, the badlands is where its at (and where I grew up)

Oh, and that picture of a little dirt rut is not indicative of all the terrain in ND

This is not wheeling, just a picture on a road on our land:
Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 PM  

fargo, north dakota
what I wouldnt do to go play where those pics were taken. I have a guy in dunvilla mn that has opened his place up to wheel. only by invite, and have to be really responsible. I will have to get some dates together to have a good get together. here is a link to my photobucket of the last run we did.
Pictures by lone_eagle78 - Photobucket
there are over 500 pics of us having a ball. hills. partial trails. mud.
as long as we are willing to work, we can make more trails and such. lets see how much intrest there is.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:38 PM  

grand forks, north dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampel View Post
Dang I feel bad for you guys now. I'll extend an open invitation for you guys to come to the Kentucky area for some wheelin. Seeing the pic almost made me cry. Not being mean any way. But you guys deserve a better spot then that.
haha.... Yeah it's pretty sad up here... there's plenty of mud, but not much terrain... (that I've seen at least)
Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 AM  

ND
Where the heck do you live that you think ND is sad? Ah, I see... on the east side... Well, yeah, everything east of Bismarck is pretty lame. Once again, look a couple posts up for what is practically my back yard. I don't like mud, and I have no problems finding terrain to wheel. Get in contact with the cliffhangers, they have a run scheduled this summer.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 PM  
Reptile Trail Blazer

Horace, ND
Always up for an offroad adventure...

Have 2 Jeeps, an XJ and YJ so terrain is not a factor. Let me know...
Old 02-04-2011, 10:24 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i would love to find some north! i would also like to know what your laws regarding 4 wheeling are...
Here's what I dug up for MB (link) but it doesn't really tell you that much. In essence, I believe our laws are pretty lax. Obviously you need persmission to drive on private land but there's a whole lot of crown land out there with very little to supervision. Many of which has old logging or mining roads to quarries. Being in the red river valley you'll no doubt want to stay closer to SK/ON or go up into the Canadian shield up north rather than staying near the red river unless you like mudding.

However from personal experience, I learned that property owners in rural areas are quick to intercept you if you are near their land. Usually they're just making sure you're not on their land and making sure you don't do something stupid on their land which could put them in a liability scenario.

Note: eventhough our insurance requires us to file police reports for incidents causing > $1,000 of damage, I know from personal experience that the police run you out of the station once you declare there were no injuries or property damage.

An old YJ friend of mine used to climb up and down the deforested hills that the Hydro lines follow in eastern MB, closer to ON. My neighbor at the lake, who has a vintage land cruiser rock crawler, does those same routes in the winter. From what he tells me, it's slow going and lots of winching but well worth it. Usually when we trailers his rig someplace he just goes to the Dakotas

Personally, last spring I was up near Thompson MB and drooled over the landscape I drove past going up there. Very sparse short pine tree forest on what appears to be a tabletop landscape. The forest is probably recovering from an old fire but it's nearly all exposed rock and boulders scattered all over the place. Very cool looking. However, the wife and I were hiking that weekend and I didn't think she would have let me take our WJ commuter wheeling 500 miles from home WAY out of cellphone range
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 AM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Compliment on the Blue Oval mike1346, Im a jeep guy, but still like the truck!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.