Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 PM  

Ashburn, Virginia
New To The Area

Hi, We recently Moved to the Ashburn area, and we love it. I am a stay at home mom of a 10 year old girl. I was wondering if there is a good place to get out and meet other moms, or just new people. A good way to get my daughter out and socializing here would be great. Any tips or advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

~Andrea F.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:18 AM  

Fairfax, VA
I've lived in NoVa my whole life and the last 15 in the Ashburn area. I'd recommend after school activities; Sports, Scouts, etc. Ashburn is family activity central. Many of the community centers have events.
Most Families in the area are College Grads and they like to Party and Socialize like they did back in the day. If you have the Space and Funds to do a small Ice Cream/Box Wine Social for your Neighbors and their Children, you'll get on the ball pretty darn fast! And maybe gain a "Guide" for the area.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 AM  

Bristow, VA
Does your HOA have any moms clubs? Ours has several activities for people to get together with. That may be a good place to start.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:37 AM  

Fairfax, VA, Virginia
Ten years ago I would've said you were out of luck.

However, since then, the Ashburn area has EXPLODED and gotten a lot bigger. It sounds corny, but you might consider shopping around for a gym - usually you can meet other people similar to yourself, or make new friends.

If you have particular interests (reading/poetry/horseback riding/working on cars/playing an instrument/shooting guns/karaoke/whatever/etc) there are a lot of groups in the NOVA area for all sorts of niches, just jump on Google.

~Brad
Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 PM  

Leesburg is cool

Leesburg is just around the corner from you and a quaint place to meet people if your looking for a lower key meet and greet. Tuscarora Mill restaurant is a great place to eat. Also, Lightfoot restaurant has a bar that is nice not a meat market. Great food and good prices on the bar menu.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:27 AM  
Traveler

Vienna, VA
really a very good thing that will be so helpful......l

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.