Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2012, 01:54 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
85 cents an hour

Rich family allegedly paid maid 85 cents an hour

17 hrs ago

A lot of us are working longer hours for less money these days, but hopefully nothing like this: A New York woman is facing criminal charges for allegedly forcing an undocumented worker into "forced labor," making her work 17-hour days, seven days a week - cooking, cleaning and caring for the employer's five children. Investigators say she was paid just $29,000 over five and a half years -- that's 85 cents an hour, according to The Smoking Gun. The kicker? That "house" the servant cleaned, and in which she was forced to sleep in a closet, was a 34-room, 30,000-square-foot, $30 million mansion on 12 acres, with "a helicopter pad, an indoor swimming pool, 15 fireplaces" and an array of other features, reports The Smoking Gun. Sheesh

Old 03-03-2012, 03:51 PM  
fustrated genius

WHAT!?!?! do you know how much Helicopter fuel cost? I don't either but I bet it's a lot!!
Gotta pinch nickels somewhere.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
That's terrible.

I'm glad it was discovered.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!