Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 PM  

Austin, Texas
Add Attraction/Landmark - Get CityProfile Decal

We have just launched an Attraction/Landmark/Places section at CityProfile. All articles are community generated and edited just like Wikipedia. That means you can add or edit any article to improve it, as well as add photographs. Also you can add which places you have traveled to and keep a running tab on your Member Profile.

To help kick start this we are offering a free decal (style of your choice) for every 3 entries you add.

Each entry must be complete, meaning a full text description of the attraction/place without any opinion, photograph, County, Zip and Phone/City/Website/Address if applicable.

After you are done just send us a private message with your full name, address and which style decal you want.

Add A New Place

Go to http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/#attractions

Click on a State you want to add a place to. Then click on "Add New Attraction" to add a landmark/attraction you have visited in that State.

Fill in all the information prompts, in the article area detail the place/attraction, make sure to leave out opinion as this is a facts only area. Attach a couple images you have/find to the entry, then hit Submit.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:19 AM  

Mount Rushmore

Mount Rushmore National Memorial is a sculpture carved into the granite face of Mount Rushmore near Keystone, South Dakota, in the United States. Mount Rushmore National Memorial is located 23 miles southwest of Rapid City. Mount Rushmore was made by Sculptor Gutzon Borglum and he stated "Until the wind and the rain alone shall wear them away.” Sculpted byGutzon Borglum and later by his son Lincoln Borglum, Mount Rushmore features 60-foot (18 m) sculptures of the heads of former United States presidents (in order from left to right) George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. The entire memorial covers 1,278.45 acres (5.17 km2) and is 5,725 feet (1,745 m) above sea level.

The U.S. National Park Service took control of the memorial in 1933, while it was still under construction, and manages the memorial to the present day.

City: South Dakota
County:Pennington
Zip:
Address:

Phone:(605) 642-8166
Add Attraction/Landmark - Get CityProfile Decal-1.jpg 

Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
.You need to post your places/attractions in the proper Forum. (see below)
Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Mount Rushmore was already posted there a while ago. I should know .
Old 02-05-2011, 01:39 PM  

Can I also get one those? I'm from the Philippines. Or is this like limited to US and Canada only?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:22 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
....To help kick start this we are offering a free decal (style of your choice) for every 3 entries you add.

After you are done just send us a private message with your full name, address and which style decal you want.
I'd say if you follow the instructions chances are good you will eventually receive one in the mail. If I'm not mistaken it may take some time because they seems go out in mass mailings every few months.

It's not like you ask for one and it shows up a few days later
Old 02-05-2011, 03:28 PM  

It'd be great if they do mail one as far as here. But yeah, guess i'll just see in a few months.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
It will be like Christmas in July.
You should bug Keith for a Philippines section
Old 02-05-2011, 03:39 PM  

Ha! A Philippines section, hmn, why not? Haven't really browsed the forum that much but as far as I've seen, its all been just limited to US and.. your country. I'm probably the only one from the Philippines.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:14 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
There's nothing wrong with being the first
Bulgaria is well represented in the virtual pub http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/off...350/#post43667
Stop in for a visit.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!