Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
20 years US Army 10/71-10/91. Retired as a disabled veteran after I returned from Desert Shield/Storm.
I would like to thank you for your service to this country! Welcome my friend!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
It was kind of neat today as I sat and shot the breeze with one of our regular couriers, and found out we shared the same rate. (Job) I was able to talk shop with him about some of my experiences (and ironically) his ship at the time was one of the responders when my ship had a collision.

Good times...

Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 PM  

Sure is a small world, huh?
Old 08-29-2011, 11:31 PM  

South St. Paul, Minnesota
I wanted to be a Marine since I was like 12 or 13. Signed the enlistment papers when I was 17, in October of my senior year in high school. I then joined the wrestling team to get in shape for recruit training, and ended up injuring both of my shoulders. I shipped out to San Diego in August 1989 for Recruit Training. My shoulders weren't in very good shape and I couldn't finish training. That is my biggest regret in life.

I applaud all who take up the challenge of serving our country.

THANK YOU VETS!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:34 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn4wheeler View Post
I wanted to be a Marine since I was like 12 or 13. Signed the enlistment papers when I was 17, in October of my senior year in high school. I then joined the wrestling team to get in shape for recruit training, and ended up injuring both of my shoulders. I shipped out to San Diego in August 1989 for Recruit Training. My shoulders weren't in very good shape and I couldn't finish training. That is my biggest regret in life.

THANK YOU VETS!
You did more than a lot of others. Don't regret it because at least you had the courage to try.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:18 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn4wheeler

THANK YOU VETS!
You made the jump that 0.006% of Americans make to be in the tip of the spear of America's military. That, in and of itself, is amazing. Rah!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.