Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
When we were selling our old house a couple years ago we found pogs everywhere, the most random places. It was sad

I had no care taking skills and my gigapets died on their own, it is amazing I can take care of a dog now.

Furbies were the creepy ones, I had one of those, it scared the crap out of my so I hid it in my closet. My sister's caught on fire. Just bad all around

Now I ask for things I need, this year everything I need is expensive so I only ask my parents. Otherwise they just tell family something for the house or derby. It works out.

I don't mind gift cards, only because I usually get them to places I like, if they were to random places then I would probably hate them because it would be a hassle.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
My child hood was thrown out when my Dad's second ex wife moved into the house and decided all our stuff was better stored in a Dumpster.

I don't even have pics of me as a kid. My wife wants to know what I looked like as child. No clue. I didn't get self involved till my teens.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:25 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
My child hood was thrown out when my Dad's second ex wife moved into the house and decided all our stuff was better stored in a Dumpster.

I don't even have pics of me as a kid. My wife wants to know what I looked like as child. No clue. I didn't get self involved till my teens.
That's funny here is a picture of the huge dumpster that I user to clean out my basement. I have been tripping over this junk for years and my wife wouldn't let me throw anything out. One day she said in passing "Ithink we do need a dumpster". I had it there the very next day. My daughter came home from college and helped me and I overheard her talking to her friend
"Oh! we are just throwing out my childhood"

Old 12-09-2010, 05:17 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
My sister's caught on fire.
uh oh...

i still get at least 5 matchbox cars every christmas from my parents. it used to be alot more when i was a kid. i stopped taking them out of thier packages when i was about 10, so i have quite the collection now.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:27 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
uh oh...

i still get at least 5 matchbox cars every christmas from my parents. it used to be alot more when i was a kid. i stopped taking them out of thier packages when i was about 10, so i have quite the collection now.
Nah, we were okay, we hated them. They were disturbing, plus we had fire extinguishers everywhere.

Oh matchbox, did you have the carwash? That was my favorite along with the figure 8 racetrack. I was an odd kid.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:29 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Nah, we were okay, we hated them. They were disturbing, plus we had fire extinguishers everywhere.
you hated your sisters?

Quote:
Oh matchbox, did you have the carwash? That was my favorite along with the figure 8 racetrack. I was an odd kid.
lol i had both, i also had a parking garage. i also had miles and miles of the track you could put together and shoot them along it.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkco View Post
That's funny here is a picture of the huge dumpster that I user to clean out my basement. I have been tripping over this junk for years and my wife wouldn't let me throw anything out. One day she said in passing "Ithink we do need a dumpster". I had it there the very next day. My daughter came home from college and helped me and I overheard her talking to her friend
"Oh! we are just throwing out my childhood"

I just wish I had a chance to keep some things, pictures mainly, my family is small, and mainly deceased, so it would have been nice. I don't harbor any ill will, the house was crammed with stuff and falling to pieces, she tried to make it a home, it didn't work.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:10 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
you hated your sisters?

lol i had both, i also had a parking garage. i also had miles and miles of the track you could put together and shoot them along it.
No the furbies.

Oh you are lucky, I had some and my neighbor (boy) had a lot so we combined them and would play for hours. My dad rigged a thing to launch then better than the regular launcher. It was great! My favorite was jumping barbies.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMMOTH View Post
Tamagotchi = pet rock with a battery.
Pretty sure they are all dead now
Yeah right! When I went to Korea last year, my buddies and I all bought the new-age ones that can compete with each other via wireless and such. Ahh, what Marines will do on a 14-hour plane ride... mine was always getting his butt beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I wasted so much of my money in those stupid things for my kids

I'm sure there's still a few hundred of them kicking around here somewhere down in the basement.
POGGGSSSSSS! I remember those. I remember saving up my allowance to buy my brother and I sweet matching 8-ball slammers. Back then, the most rebellious thing I'd do was "play for keeps"!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
my brother (Younger) had Pogs i hated them dagum things. He must have had a million of them things. He had them in shoe boxes and boot boxes all over his room.

he had real toys. Like Motorcycles, ATV's, Guns, Compound bows.

I loved in the country mom had 5 acres and dad had 10 acres. So when I got bored I would try and build things fun things. Like the time I tried to make napalm and blackpowder. The sad thing was it came out rather well and I set the field on fire (OOPS) I did get it out before my parents got home though.

I wreaked my Honday TRX-250x and broke one front fender off. So I trimmed it and it looked stupid with only 1 fender in the front so I cut the other one off. You know surprisingly they do block a lot of mud and ROCKS. It did end up going a little faster though. Still had the slowest atv of the bunch though.

I then went through my Lawnmower phase where I tried to make the lawnmower look badass. I took and painted it white with pink flames I took the governor off of it. then I put a straight pipe on it. I had the coolest riding mower on the block. I even found smaller tires for up front so it looked like it had been lowered.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads