Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
CompTIA A+ Exam

So I'm going in for my first A+ exam today, the 220-701 Essentials exam. I studied as best as I could with the material I purchased. Got the CompTIA A+ 2009 In Depth book (ISBN-13: 978-1-4354-5489-7) authored by Jean Andrews and studied the crap out of it for the past 2 months. Just wish I had some practice tests or something because I feel like I'm going into it blind as a bat.

Wish me luck!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:55 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Good luck man, and let us know how it goes!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-15-2010, 12:44 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i have not the slightest clue what you are talking about, but i wish you the best of luck!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:52 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Good luck man, and let us know how it goes!
Passed with a score of 875/900. That's a 97%. Yeesh... all of that studying really paid off! I have to take the 220-702 next Wednesday, it's the exam which covers the practical aspects of A+ certification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache
i have not the slightest clue what you are talking about, but i wish you the best of luck!
The CompTIA A+ certification measures your ability to upgrade, diagnose, and repair computer related equipment. There's an essentials exam, which I just took, and it covers your knowledge of common computer equipment, printers, media, customer service, and basic networking. Then there is the practical exam, which covers applied theory in those areas.

It's a pretty basic certification, but I plan on getting my Network+ next, then off to get some vendor specific certifications from Microsoft and Cisco.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:12 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Going in to take the 220-702 tomorrow. I don't think I've studied enough for it as I feel weak in the areas of security and networking. But... I can't think of anything else I can do to study better.

Wish me luck, guys!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 PM  

South of Ann Arbor, MI
I took that about 10 years ago, failed the software part, passed the hardware part.. do you still gotta know all the lines of a config.sys file??
Old 09-22-2010, 07:04 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVoXO View Post
I took that about 10 years ago, failed the software part, passed the hardware part.. do you still gotta know all the lines of a config.sys file??
No, they have updated it. Since MS-DOS isn't really used anymore, they didn't include anything about CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT. But you do need to know about Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. They make mention of Windows 7, but there isn't any material on it.

By the way, I passed A+ certified to work on your junk, now.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
nice man! congrats! can you work on my mac?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:30 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
nice man! congrats! can you work on my mac?
Nope, only Windows systems I mean, I can do the hardware and what not. But the software wasn't really covered.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.