Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2010, 07:27 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I used to ride my bike to work every day from late March till October. About 20 miles there and back.

Then I bought my Jeep a couple of years ago and my biking days were put on hold. I need to start again next spring, 'cause Jeeping it to work doesn't do much for my health.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:54 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
BorisBob, do you ever cycle outside of Bulgaria?

Old 11-11-2010, 01:05 PM  

Valencia, California
Currently bike commuting two days a week (10 miles each way) on a Specialized Langster singlespeed/fixie set up with rear bag and lights. Road bike is a Cannondale 4000, other ride is a Ducati 900 SSCR.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:47 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
BorisBob, do you ever cycle outside of Bulgaria?
No Austin … I have never bicycled out of BG … Here we do have everything in a small territory (a little smaler than Florida) – fields, mountains, gorges, seaside … In a way I do it, it is important to know very well surrounding nature … sometimes it may be dangerous, I hate risks …
Meanwhile ... what is the difference between "friend" and "buddy" ...

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
No Austin ? I have never bicycled out of BG ? Here we do have everything in a small territory (a little smaler than Florida) ? fields, mountains, gorges, seaside ? In a way I do it, it is important to know very well surrounding nature ? sometimes it may be dangerous, I hate risks ?
Meanwhile ... what is the difference between "friend" and "buddy" ...
Nothing, they mean the same thing, culturally and regionally they can have different meanings, and of course inflection plays a part, but for this purpose, they both mean the same thing.

Texas has everything except mountains. We have some pretty big hills though, we call them mountains, but nothing on the level of Bulgaria.

Is it easy to travel outside of Bulgaria?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 PM  

Last year I was riding my bike all the time, so I dropped some big $$$ on a nice bike, and this year I was so busy I only got ride it like 10 times.

Next year I'm gonna be on that thing everyday, good way to stay in shape, and it's fun.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Nothing, they mean the same thing, culturally and regionally they can have different meanings, and of course inflection plays a part, but for this purpose, they both mean the same thing.

Texas has everything except mountains. We have some pretty big hills though, we call them mountains, but nothing on the level of Bulgaria.

Is it easy to travel outside of Bulgaria?
Thank you Austin! Never mind it can sound like a stupid question, it help me to ?feel? the language ?
To learn foreign language, especially at latter age (I have begun it I was 26), it is really not easy task.
To travel outside BG is easy ? we have not any problems to do it. For Serbia and Turkey only we need special passports, because they are still out of EU.
In BG we do have 2 high mountains ? ?Rila? and ?Pirin? ? almost 9000 feet above the sea level. There are many lakes there ? since the last ?Ice? period. Here I attach a photo ? it is a lake in Rila mountain ? one of 7 in a beautiful circus I love to visit often ? 8 - 10 hours bicycling from home.
Do you ride a cycle?-picture-102.jpg 

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 11-16-2010, 02:33 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I understand bob, I speak English and very bad Spanish. Like I can order food and tell people what to do, that's it.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I have no choice but to speak my second and third languages here in Montreal.

Being immersed in both those languages all the time makes learning my third language much easier. I pick up new sayings and nuances almost every day.

And Boris, are you sure you didn't mean to say circuit instead of circus?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Yep I cycle on my single speed everyday I can, weather permitting, back and forth to work. 4 mile round trip. Thoroughly enjoy it and living in a town where it's feasible and safe, KNOCK ON WOOD!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!