Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I have no choice but to speak my second and third languages here in Montreal.

Being immersed in both those languages all the time makes learning my third language much easier. I pick up new sayings and nuances almost every day.

And Boris, are you sure you didn't mean to say circuit instead of circus?
Alex … my dictionaries shows that “circus” is the correct word – a big area in the high mountain (for our latitude), where during the last “Ice period” (ended 10 000 years ago) lakes were formed because of storage of a great amount of snow (not moving down the hills) turning in ice with the years. We use the same term, only pronunciation is different.
The mechanism of such a way of lake formation is not so clear for me; maybe because of the great weight of the stored snow … it is quite different, not like lakes appeared just behind the “stadial moraine” …
The lakes in the photo below are in a large circus having 7 beautiful lakes in Rila mountain at 1900 – 2400 meters altitude… I have added several photos from this place - album Europe
Do you ride a cycle?-picture-135.jpg 

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 11-17-2010, 12:20 PM  

Sault Ste Marie, Michigan
I do like to ride. My dad owned a bike shop when I was growing up so I've been around the sport my life. I have both a road bike and a mountain bike. I used to race but haven't been in any the past couple of years. I'd like to get back into it though, such a great sport.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:55 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria

I did not miss it this weekend. In BG we had 3 weeks of extremely hot weather ? almost everyday there are temp records for the last 100 years ? it works best for bicycling ? I love the global heating ?
Do you ride a cycle?-picture-134.jpg 

Old 11-22-2010, 12:14 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Alex ? my dictionaries shows that ?circus? is the correct word ? a big area in the high mountain (for our latitude), where during the last ?Ice period? (ended 10 000 years ago) lakes were formed because of storage of a great amount of snow (not moving down the hills) turning in ice with the years. We use the same term, only pronunciation is different.
The mechanism of such a way of lake formation is not so clear for me; maybe because of the great weight of the stored snow ? it is quite different, not like lakes appeared just behind the ?stadial moraine? ?
The lakes in the photo below are in a large circus having 7 beautiful lakes in Rila mountain at 1900 ? 2400 meters altitude? I have added several photos from this place - album Europe
Ahhh. Now I know what you mean now. Here that type of geologic feature is called a cirque, which is also the French word for circus and the root of the misunderstanding.

So you were talking about your favorite cirque
Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
yes Alex .... I have thought, I am wrong with my dictionaries .... and I have red dictionaries over and over again .... ... I have several great stories with misunderstanding ...

4-5 years ago I was in a contact with a person from Belgium - Jean – arranging a bike tour in BG with 2 couples – families - from this country. I have known it is a female name … and all the time I have behaved having it in mind, and I have felt permanently … something is wrong, I do not know what, but I am wrong … (I usually have not any problems contacting with people). WHAT WAS MY SURPRISE TO SEE meeting them in Sofia airport, that Jean in fact is a man – you can not imagine …. So in the same evening we were in the restaurant having great meals and drinks and I explained my great misunderstanding – they said me: “nothing to worry Bob … we have thought you are a gay” … my doughtier fallen from the chair laughing …

Old 11-22-2010, 05:08 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
The French language always messes me up too, and I have to speak it every day

One day when I'm a little bit older and a little bit richer I will visit your country and drink large amounts of rakia and try to find the home of my ancestors.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
The French language always messes me up too, and I have to speak it every day

One day when I'm a little bit older and a little bit richer I will visit your country and drink large amounts of rakia and try to find the home of my ancestors.

GREAT ALEX !!! really if you decide to visit BG, your major expense will be the airplane tickets ? You may stay at home as much as you want ? in the fridge I always keep 2 liters rakia at least ? I guess only it would be nice to visit BG after June ? there will be garden vegetables for ?shopska? salad ? no problem to do a bike tour across BG ?

Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 AM  

McAllen, Texas
I like to ride too just don't like to pedal,
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM  

miami, fl
i have a specialized hardrock pro that i ride in Miami, awesome bike!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads