Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2010, 04:56 PM  
Poison Idea

do you tip for pizza delivery?

well?

I stopped doing it after Dominoes (only place that will deliver to my apartment ) started charging a $2 delivery fee. I feel kinda bad, though I didn't tip a lot to begin with since they're not exactly doing much. I used to throw em a few bucks, but the economy blows so I somehow feel a lot less inclined to tip when my $15 over priced pizza is suddenly $19 after tax and a delivery fee.

Fwiw I generally tip 20% at bars and restaurants unless the service sucks.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:59 PM  

Riverside, CA
I am currently leaving 20% at resturaunts if they deserve it. I do tip pizza guys, usually it's a standard $5. I also tipped the guy who repaired the hole in my tire this morning at America's Tire Co. Apprently Goodyear Wranglers have paper thin walls in between the lugs. I gave him $5.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-29-2010, 05:06 PM  
Poison Idea

Bastards brought me the wrong pizza.

Oh well, just called back and they're letting me keep this one, bringing me the right one and a free dessert haha.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:09 PM  

Riverside, CA
Do you have to tip the guy twice now!?!?

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM  
Poison Idea

Actually threw him a couple bucks the first time since he was early and friendly lol
Not tipping him twice haha.

Used to get tipped a lot as a delivery driver at Lowe's. I'd always turn it down but half they time they'd just clip it under the paper work on your clip board anyway.

I hate not tipping, but screw Dominoes. Not getting tipped does suck though, I do deliveries for lunch daily where I work and I've yet to be tipped since I started in the last month. Nothing but CEOs, Lawyers, ect. All of em suck and barely acknowledge you as a person. Not getting tipped doesn't really bother me, but it always pisses me off when I tell em to have a nice afternoon or something along those lines and they just ignore me like I already left.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 PM  
Beast Mode

Independence, Kentucky
i am like you. used to tip, but the local pizza joint, snappy tomato, started charging to deliver.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i delivered pizza for several years. the deliver charge (at least for papa johns and dominoes) does partially go to the driver (about 1.00 per delivery, regardless of distance). including that, if he doesnt get tipped, most likely he lost money on the delivery. hes putting wear and tear on his vehicle (pizza delivery will beat up a vehicle quick) and paying for gas with a minimum wage. if you dont feel like tipping the driver, you should go pick up your own pizza...
Old 09-29-2010, 07:42 PM  

Sammamish, WA
The delivery charges started when gas was at $4, so I don't hold that against the drivers since they got some of it. Since it's still over $3 I'm still OK with it.
Most of them are overpriced, though, especially compared to Papa Murphy's.
It's not worth paying more than double just for the baking of it.

I usually only tip them 10% though. After all, they are just getting the pizza to you. You don't know if it's especially hot, has been turned upside down or smashed until he's gone and you open it. At restaurants I would say mostly 15-20% but I really adjust it based on the service. For 20% they'd better be attentive but not annoying, and bring a refill when asked.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM  
Beast Mode

Independence, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i delivered pizza for several years. the deliver charge (at least for papa johns and dominoes) does partially go to the driver (about 1.00 per delivery, regardless of distance). including that, if he doesnt get tipped, most likely he lost money on the delivery. hes putting wear and tear on his vehicle (pizza delivery will beat up a vehicle quick) and paying for gas with a minimum wage. if you dont feel like tipping the driver, you should go pick up your own pizza...
who did you deleiver for?

all the places i know all give a gas allowence to drivers. i know the one place i orderfrom gives a quarter a mile on top of regular pay to drivers. even at $4 a gallon, in a cheap car they are making money on gas by delivering.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:48 PM  
Token Indian

Belcourt, North Dakota
no pizza delivery here

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads