Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2010, 09:18 PM  
Poison Idea

Well it's not that I don't tip, it's that I don't feel as inclined to tip em with the delivery charge. It's supposed to be earned, not expected anyway.

Nine times out of ten some 30 something year old guy who's still delivering pizzas shows up and just shoves a pizza and a slip to sign in my face without so much as a "how are you" or "hello". That's the kind of person who kills any chance of a tip. The one's who are actually friendly and cordial I try and hook up.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:47 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah I worked at a place called Pizza Pan back in the day in HS, and they gave us $1.00 of their $3.00 delivery charge - and we didn't get paid any money for gas or anything. I was getting $7/hr or something, and driving my '00 TJ at the time, so I was definitely losing money

I tend to overtip in general - my wife hates it. I'll usually give them at least $5.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-30-2010, 05:05 AM  
Traveler

Fredericksburg, VA
Not tipping your driver is a DB move in my book. they are putting miles on their car to bring your fat lazy stained wife beater wearing butt pizza.

Here right from the bottom of Dominos home page.

I always remembered people who didn't tip. Their next pizza I skimped on the toppings. If you tipped me good you got a awesome pizza with extra cheese and toppings for free.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I almost always tip delivery drivers. Only time I won't is if they take FOREVER or if they have to call me more than once for directions (seriously, you took a job delivering pizza you should at least half way know the area).

Two things that piss me off:
1. The guy at the take-out counter that looks at the Tip Cup after you pay for your order. You want me to tip you for what? Taking my money and handing me my order?
2. When restaurants automatically add a gratuity. I generally over-tip if the service is even decent. Hell one time I had an absolutely AWESOME waiter at a local sushi place, I tipped him 50% of my bill. So really the waiter is screwing himself by adding that 15% tip on the bill because when he does that, that is ALL he is getting. And yes I have asked for a manager to remove that automatic 15% one time before when service was absolutely horrible.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:19 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I used to manage a pizza place, tip your driver, they are making minimum wage, nothing exorbitant mind you, but give him enough to cover gas and wear and tear, usually 3-5 bucks. Anything over that, and they typically make more than Management, waiters, everyone. It's the only job I know where the guys can make a decent living, at the expense of the car of course.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:33 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pa
Been there, it annoyed me that some one would throw me .50 for driving 10 miles in the snow, while a waitress would get $5 for walking a Coke to a table from a drink station.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 AM  

Montreal, Quebec
We call a local pizzeria (about 1 mile away) and always give the fellow $2. and yes the fellow is driving his own car and pays for gas himself and is either paid under the table at less than min wage or at min wage with tax deductions so its not exactly the ideal job.. there always polite thats important.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM  

Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i delivered pizza for several years. the deliver charge (at least for papa johns and dominoes) does partially go to the driver (about 1.00 per delivery, regardless of distance). including that, if he doesnt get tipped, most likely he lost money on the delivery. hes putting wear and tear on his vehicle (pizza delivery will beat up a vehicle quick) and paying for gas with a minimum wage. if you dont feel like tipping the driver, you should go pick up your own pizza...

^
This.

I just go pick it up to avoid shelling out extra cash.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:44 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
They still ask for tip on carry out, I leave a dollar.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:40 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
I tip pizza delivery guys/gals and I used to work for Dominos 25 years ago while still living in California so I've been on both sides

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.