Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 PM  

Bump to the top!..............

Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
Moderators: if this post is inappropriate, please delete it.

In the early 60's i was diagnosed with a physical illness that was unknown to local doctors at the time. So I was admitted into a State Hospital.(below). One of the first things new arrivals were taught was "what happens in here, stays in here". So the electric treatments, labodomies, seclusion rooms and treatment to patients never went beyond the (steel) closed doors.
That is until I was contacted 3 yr's ago by another patient that was there the same time I was. It seems that there's only 3-4 of us left from that era. So we got together and wrote a blog/forum about our time there.
I'm not trying to hyjack the thread,but I consider this an embarassment to my childhood.
If anyone is interested in reading to blog, let me know and send a link.

Northern Michigan Asylum Note: this is only a small section of the State Hosp, (known as Bldg#50)
Embarrassing Childhood Memories-old-bldg-50.jpg 

Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm very much interested in it. My mother was a psychiatric nurse in the 70's 80's. I've always been fascinated by it.

Please send me a pm or post your blog.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:22 PM  

South St. Paul, Minnesota
I was in high school when I had a slightly embarrassing episode. Me and a buddy were at the mall and in a high end clothing store. I had a stomach ache all day, but that didn't stop us. so we were looking at the very expensive leather coats when i hurled all over them. oops..i apologized to the dumbfounded employee and we left. a little while later we were walking to the car when we passed the same employee out in the mall with an armload of cleaning supplies..he wasn't happy to see me.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:55 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn4wheeler View Post
I was in high school when I had a slightly embarrassing episode. Me and a buddy were at the mall and in a high end clothing store. I had a stomach ache all day, but that didn't stop us. so we were looking at the very expensive leather coats when i hurled all over them. oops..i apologized to the dumbfounded employee and we left. a little while later we were walking to the car when we passed the same employee out in the mall with an armload of cleaning supplies..he wasn't happy to see me.
Ouch... I bet he quit soon after.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 AM  

With all the new members, I'd sure like to get some new stories!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Hmm. Which one should I tell.

I was remember this on clearly for being so young.

It was my first day of the 1st grade and I remember being nervous as hell. So that morning
I refused to get dressed so I wouldn't have to go to school. Well that worked as swimmingly
as you would expect. SO I had about 5min to get dressed; I threw on socks underwear
and a shirt. I was so nervous and I had to pack my backpack and get moving. I walked out
the front door and headed for school. I was nervous enough and when I got to school I
felt like I had everyone staring at me. Well they were staring at me because I had forgotten
to put on pants... .... Well one of the hall monitors took me to the nurses office to
hide me from view; which was even worse because not only was I nervous with no pants
on now I was in tears being paraded through the school in order to get to the nurses office.
Well instead of calling my mother to come get me they made me go into the dreaded box
the nurse had with all of the spare clothes. Well after searching come to find out they had
no pants for boys in there. Well they still wouldn't call my mother instead they made me
find a pair of girls shorts that looked like a boy could wear them. I put those suckers on and
they sent me to class where I was stuck wearing girls shorts all day. *sigh*.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:33 AM  

Chris, I believe I have just figured out the root of your anger management failure!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.