Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2010, 12:58 PM  
Look at that

Belchertown, Massachusetts
3D movies are alright.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:35 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
But you said your self:

"The movie was kind of lame but the 3D effects and CGI effects were pretty cool!"

So if the only thing that made that movie cool was the 3D and all the other effects isn't that kinda sad?
Not if that's what you're after. I am actually with you in spirit, but not in practice. If people didn't want 3d it wouldn't be a fad right now. What do people not want? Plot. At least they don't want it messing with their CGI. Ultimately it's a consumer driven market and the consumers are saying "I need mindless distraction, I don't see story as art, I see blue boobs as art.". Sad? Meh, not any sadder than every other medium that has been or will be destroyed in the name of novelty and profits. Same as it ever was.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Not if that's what you're after. I am actually with you in spirit, but not in practice. If people didn't want 3d it wouldn't be a fad right now. What do people not want? Plot. At least they don't want it messing with their CGI. Ultimately it's a consumer driven market and the consumers are saying "I need mindless distraction, I don't see story as art, I see blue boobs as art.". Sad? Meh, not any sadder than every other medium that has been or will be destroyed in the name of novelty and profits. Same as it ever was.

Very true, they're just making what the people want, same as Twilight, and Harry potter, not really my taste but it sells and that's all that matters in business, so I'm just going to sit and wait for the day they stop making sequel's for them, even though when that day comes they'll just start on another mindless movie that the public wants to see and they'll call it art and everyone will love it.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM  
Not at the table Carlos!

Frederick, MD, Maryland
Y'all might need to sit back and look at the world you're living in nowadays (not saying I like it) but now people dont want art... What do they want?... Drama and they get that through the things that are on tv. All the Snooki's, situations, lauren conrads, lindsey lohans and bad girls clubs and all the other dumb ass reality tv shows that are out there are staying afloat because its what people want... its what they live for now! They could care less about the new movie coming out or the next book to hit the shelf unless it has tweenies getting their panties in a wad over some dreamy guy that in the end just turns out to be a ***** or either some show where all they do is raise hell and bring attention to each other... They are basically making money by doing what the real actors/actresses do in their off time and somehow its making them famous...

Sorry that I got a little off track their... But think about the people that movies are catering to right now... Its the people that watch ^ that ****...
Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
What do they want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
blue boobs

I'd say it's clear what they want.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:59 PM  
Not at the table Carlos!

Frederick, MD, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
I'd say it's clear what they want.
:rofl: You are correct sir!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

« Books! | Fermenters »

» Recent Threads