Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM  
fustrated genius

I got pulled over!!

Yup, first time in yrs., I was tramming down the frwy on the way home from water tank shopping and an AZHP pulled me over and gave me a warning for my mirrors not sticking out enough to see around the 2500 galon tank. He instantly started to infiltrate the family to get them on his side, (gave my grandson a "Jr highway patrol" badge sticker) and of coarse the little traitor took it and proudly displayed it on his chest the rest of the day.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 AM  

Nashville, TN
They pull you over for rear view mirrors, that you had...but fail to stop 20 million illegals that we didn't have???...OK

Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
They pull you over for rear view mirrors, that you had...but fail to stop 20 million illegals that we didn't have???...OK
. . . . . I didn't have the clip on mirror extenders, next time I will. I'm glad he just gave me a warning. In CA they would have impounded the whole ca-bootle.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:34 AM  

Anyone else have any interesting stories about the last time they were pulled over?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Nope. Well...

I grew up in a small town with a father in local Law Enforcement.

We would get pulled over late at night and although we did nothing wrong they would still call my Dad and let him know I was out late.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:06 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Thought this would be a good place to post this...from an e-mail.....

About Eggs Mixed with Water.......
It could save your life

Important Message!!!!
Please take a few minutes & read.
It could save your life!!!!!!!!!

Didn't know if you knew about eggs mixed with water....... So that is why I'm sending this on.
Be Safe!

A MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
STATE OF MICHIGAN :

SITUATION..
While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it.
For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Canton PD and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it....waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON 'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

Oh yea, about the EGGS:

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK YOUR CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPERS AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY, AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic being used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND BE AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME THE VICTIM.

WARNING # 3:

Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112.
It was about 1:00 p.m. In the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called,
112on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.

I never knew about the 112 Cell Phonefeature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, "Dialing Emergency Number."

Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.

*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmedthat 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about "Dialing, 112"

You may want to
send this to every Man, Woman & Youngster you know; it may well save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states

PLEASE PASS ALONG TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, IT CAN SAVE A LIFE....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Got a ticket once for 56 in a 55. Cost me $80. Couldn't take time off to fight it. Would have cost me more to lose a day's work and I was booked 6 weeks ahead.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Thought this would be a good place to post this...from an e-mail.....
About Eggs Mixed with Water.......
It could save your life
Important Message!!!!
Please take a few minutes & read.
It could save your life!!!!!!!!!
]Didn't know if you knew about eggs mixed with water....... So that is why I'm sending this on.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]
Be Safe!
A MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
STATE OF MICHIGAN :

SITUATION..
While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it.
For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Canton PD and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it....waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON 'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

Oh yea, about the EGGS:

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK YOUR CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPERS AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY, AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic being used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND BE AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME THE VICTIM.

WARNING # 3:
Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112.
It was about 1:00 p.m. In the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called,112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone feature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, "Dialing Emergency Number."

]Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.

*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmed that 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about "Dialing, 112"
You may want to send this to every Man, Woman & Youngster you know; it may well save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states
PLEASE PASS ALONG TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, IT CAN SAVE A LIFE....

According to Snopes, these are all Internet hoaxes.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/eggthrow.asp
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I was issued a citation on HWY 1 above Marina for going 110 MPH in a 55MPH zone in 2007. First ticket I had in 24 years. The fine for that ticket was a bit of a nasty one. I ran a red light in Sacramento with a red light photo enforcement system. The ticket was not as bad as the 110 MPH in a 55 MPH zone but what really gripes me is that I installed the cameras and trigger system in the street there a few years proir. Last but not least, I got a ticket for talking on the cell phone just a couple of months ago.

At least the last one was a non moving violation.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
ok, about the baby thing...

i once saw a baby sitting on a roof of some random car, pretty much in the middle of an intersection, and some dude with a gas can asking for money saying he run out of gas.

thoughts:
1. sh!t, there's a baby sitting on the roof!
2. wait, that doesn't look right (while rolling up the window)
3. stay calm and get the h3ll out

it was red light for me, but i turned right so i didn't have to wait for it to turn green. as soon as i passed the dude he angrily threw his gas can on the ground... the "baby" did not move.

i called the cops saying there was some dude on such-and-such intersection using baby doll as a decoy.

i don't know what happened next, i didn't feel like hanging around...

by the way, it was in a nice-ish neighborhood, late at night though.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.