Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2011, 07:35 PM  

Why do you believe they tossed you?

Nevermind....the 08/08/08 thread pretty much explained it!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Why do you believe they tossed you?

Nevermind....the 08/08/08 thread pretty much explained it!
Yes, that and I think the judge also presided over the van case as he sure knew what I was talking about. I had to tell of a couple other things I was indirectly involved in too simular to it and BOOM, defendant att. said "SEEYA!"

Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Yes, that and I think the judge also presided over the van case as he sure knew what I was talking about. I had to tell of a couple other things I was indirectly involved in too simular to it and BOOM, defendant att. said "SEEYA!"
Ha. Love our judiciary system.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:58 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
So I show up this morning obnoxiously early as usual, with my mileage from google in hand afraid I may look desrespectful to the court and honorable judge presiding because I just had Levi's on and could not snappy down in a suit, GEEZ! what an idiot! People apparently just don't have respect for courts anymore. MY summons said be there at 8:00 am and people were STILL stroling in like they owned the place at 8:20!! The court schedule said it was to commence at 8:30 yet the judge himself didn't strole in til almost 9:00. Why would I care about wearing Levi britches?
There was an old man who was the defendant and then the judge had us all say our names and personal info, etc., and stated the charges the old geizer was accused of.
DUI!!!double legal limit. Oh yeah, they tossed me out. I had to tell the truth.
I understand and expect punctuality. I'm not sure why that went away but I too appreciate it.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:30 PM  
fustrated genius

When I was working, when classes were held at the training center, the door was shut & locked at the start time and they were told to report to their supervisor. If the class was a requirement for their pay rate as an anual refresher, too bad, drop pay level or reschedule, it was up to the supervisor. No playing games.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:20 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
In NC, I've been "chosen" for jury duty 3 times since '98 with the last time being July 5th, '11.
I've been selected TO LEAVE after some of the questions answered.

Pay was a whopping $12.00, yet if one is chosen, depending on the length of "service", one can expect increases up to $40.00 a day.
$12.00 a day is so '50s when such amount was something.

The other negative with J.D. is that if a person decides not to appear or honor the summons, one can expect a FAILURE TO APPEAR WARRANT which in most states is a mere $500.00 FINE on top of whatever the judge adds (and if one doesn't become arrested/incarcerated), so making a appearance is much cheaper albeit some of the obvious hassles. Some companies have jury duty compensation or such wording in their benefits program (for those companies that even have/offer benefits).
----
For those folk that have NEVER been summoned, that's marvelous.
For those folk that have been summoned at least once, that's wonderful as at least you've been through a bit of our sideways/backward justice system.
For those folk that have been summoned repeatedly (every 4+ years) yet never served as a juror, my hat's off to ya!!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank_doubt View Post
In NC, I've been "chosen" for jury duty 3 times since '98 with the last time being July 5th, '11.
I've been selected TO LEAVE after some of the questions answered.

Pay was a whopping $12.00, yet if one is chosen, depending on the length of "service", one can expect increases up to $40.00 a day.
$12.00 a day is so '50s when such amount was something.

The other negative with J.D. is that if a person decides not to appear or honor the summons, one can expect a FAILURE TO APPEAR WARRANT which in most states is a mere $500.00 FINE on top of whatever the judge adds (and if one doesn't become arrested/incarcerated), so making a appearance is much cheaper albeit some of the obvious hassles. Some companies have jury duty compensation or such wording in their benefits program (for those companies that even have/offer benefits).
----
For those folk that have NEVER been summoned, that's marvelous.
For those folk that have been summoned at least once, that's wonderful as at least you've been through a bit of our sideways/backward justice system.
For those folk that have been summoned repeatedly (every 4+ years) yet never served as a juror, my hat's off to ya!!
Yeah, with my BIG check, ($51.37) I didn't even break even but I guess if thats' all I have to give , it's cool, some give up their lives so I can do this once in a while. I was kicked off last time I was called too.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
I have received several summons but never selected.

I guess this is what they mean by "selective services".
Old 09-06-2011, 02:17 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I have received several summons but never selected.

I guess this is what they mean by "selective services".
No because I had to do that too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!