Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2011, 03:05 PM  

Bolton, Lancashire, Great Britain.
Just a note.

Sorry I do not use this forum very often. I have been very busy preparing for the re enacting season and therefore getting and preparing all my camping gear, uniforms and guns etc, etc. To be honest it is an all round job.I have to prepare documents, passes, papers, money etc as close as possible to the real item without infringing on any copyrights. Plus bringing guests from over seas to us or we going to Europe to join them in one or two reenacting displays. I help re enact WW2 European theatre, France/Belgium area from1943 to late 1944. That is when the unit I portray was defeated by the Americans. Yes I play a German Soldier, some one has to play the "baddie". We are Non political, neither right wing, left wing or centre wing. We are an historical society depicting WW2, so we have no SS or NKVD or any other para military organisations. Just British, American, Russian and French against the Germans. We have armour, tanks, guns, mortars, bazooka's. All blank firers needless to say. We sleep rough, eat rough, at 61yrs old I ache a little but enjoy it. I am 15 yrs old at heart.
My next love, besides my wife and family, is my Jeep XJ Cherokee Limited, 4.0Litre Auto. She is lovely. Made in 1995 in the USA for Britain, she has only covered 45,000miles from new. Still has all the stickers on in the engine bay and the export plate on the inner door.
I am not fully politically correct however besides my Jeep The Next best two things out of the USA were the B29 Superfortress, Enola Gay and Bocks Car. Best of all The B52 Stratofortress. Absolutely enormous. I have stood next to one and been in one, not flown in one but would love to
Must go my boy wants me to pick him up from his friends. I used to walk or ride a bike.
Paul G.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:35 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Best of all The B52 Stratofortress. Absolutely enormous. I have stood next to one and been in one, not flown in one but would love to
By old bones feel for you but I have one word of caution. Try to avoid flying in anything your age.

Beginning with the successful contract bid on 5 June 1946, the B-52 design evolved from a straight-wing aircraft powered by six turboprop engines to the final prototype YB-52 with eight turbojet engines and swept wings. The Stratofortress took its maiden flight in April 1952.
HTML Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_B-52_Stratofortress

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!