Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2012, 07:46 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
let's make up our own conspiracy theories!

Let's come up with our own conspiracy theories!
I mean this as a joke. I hope this will be amusing reading. It's not for discussion of well-known topics, because they have been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere, both on the Internet and in other media. This is for your own ideas of things that you notice that you can't find an explanation for. There probably is a logical, simple explanation--you just haven't found it yet.
So to start, I've noticed this:
Fewer and fewer inside doors of the stalls of public restrooms have hooks on them for your coat or purse or shopping bag. Truthfully, it most likely means that the owner (government agency or private business) doesn't have the money to replace either the hook or the door.
But what if it was this?
They (always the vague "they") don't want to replace the hooks because of the fear of dealers using the hooks to hang their drugs on them to be picked up later by someone else.

A second idea:
The lead in many of today's pencils falls out after the first sharpening (yes, people still use pencils). Is it because the pencils are cheaply made? Or is it a planned obsolescence by the manufacturers and that you have to run out and keep buying more every week?

Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 PM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
i like your second idea. i truly believe that a lot of products these days are made poorly so that they will have to be replaced after a controlled period of time. good craftsmanship is becoming a thing of the past, now it's all about guaranteed profits.

now, about your first idea.............. hmm... m'kay...

Old 08-16-2012, 11:07 PM  

yes I believe the idea is well umph!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:09 PM  
American

Thought control drugs are not in Kool Aid...it's in our milk and the antidote is THC which is why pot is illegal .

It's not my theory...it belongs to a friend. I think he believes it...he sure spends a lot of time using the antidote....lol
Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
I came up with a new one

I came up with a new idea.
Why do you think some of the paperwork in your mailings, or in the front or back pages of the book, there is the message "This page left intentionally blank"? What do you think is there?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
I came up with a new idea.
Why do you think some of the paperwork in your mailings, or in the front or back pages of the book, there is the message "This page left intentionally blank"? What do you think is there?
That allows "them" to read your thoughts, unless you wear a tinfoil hat.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:10 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
so now i have one!

I started this thread years ago as a joke, and this morning I came up with one.
I was trying to read articles on the Internet about China's Chang 4 landing on the moon. Every article I looked at from different websites/newspapers/newschannels shut down on me. Either pop-up ads kept taking over and going to their own websites, or the website said I needed a subscription to the page/publication to continue reading the article. GRRRR.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:07 AM  

I think you made this topic to trick us into giving away secrets. That's genius! How about that for a conspiracy theory? haha
Old 01-16-2019, 09:35 AM  

Nashville, TN
How many times have you gone into WalMart, Krogers, Target or most of the major retail chains and seen 30 checkout lanes and only one open with 10 people standing in line? Is this a conspiracy to make the general public think that the retailers actually give a dang about customer service?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!